Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hatco Tour

buler

I'll Lock Up
These are my pics from the HATCO outing. They are in order as I took them. I'll caption the ones that I remember what was going on.

B

Old logo Stetson truck. Wish it was still full of period hats...

hatco_1.jpg

Flipped this pic to show the Resistol Hats sign on roof of factory

hatco_2.jpg

Arrival at the outlet store

hatco_3.jpg

hatco_4.jpg

Inside the outlet store

hatco_5.jpg

hatco_6.jpg

Matt introducing us to Dan

hatco_7.jpg

hatco_8.jpg

Hat bodies as they arrive at the factory

hatco_9.jpg

hatco_10.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
HATCO factory and outlet store tour cont..

hatco_21.jpg

hatco_22.jpg

Pouncing area

hatco_23.jpg

hatco_24.jpg

Lots of old equipment still in use

hatco_25.jpg

Brim pouncing

hatco_26.jpg

hatco_27.jpg

hatco_28.jpg

If you look close at the bottom right of the hat in the top row far right you can see the flame from the guy "torching" the hats

hatco_29.jpg

hatco_30.jpg

Last edited:

buler

I'll Lock Up
Liner tip selection

hatco_51.jpg

hatco_52.jpg

Heidelberg tip printing machine

hatco_53.jpg

hatco_54.jpg

hatco_55.jpg

Sweatband stamping

hatco_56.jpg

hatco_57.jpg

hatco_58.jpg

You can see the Stetson die layed out

hatco_59.jpg

hatco_60.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
HATCO factory and outlet store tour cont..

hatco_61.jpg

hatco_62.jpg

Finishing workers doing western bands

hatco_64.jpg

Josh spotted some of the new Strats

hatco_65.jpg

I'll post pics from the straw factory later.

B

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
I'm going to bring this thread back to the top for a little while. A buddy of mine went to Garland Texas to pick up an antique car so I gave him a list and had him stop by the Outlet Store. He called me yesterday and I was able to pick up very good quality Stetson Stratoliner in Silverbelly and one in Caribou for $150.00! My buddy also picked up a fedora hat off the sale rack for me but wouldn't tell me what it was. He said it was only $20 so I'll just have to wait and see. I just ordered one of the Stratoliner Milans the other day so I've just picked up four new hats this week-LOL!

Last edited:
Nice scores!
I'm going to bring this thread back to the top for a little while. A buddy of mine went to Garland Texas to pick up an antique car so I gave him a list and had him stop by the Outlet Store. He called me yesterday and I was able to pick up very good quality Stetson Stratoliner in Silverbelly and one in Caribou for $150.00! My buddy also picked up a fedora hat off the sale rack for me but wouldn't tell me what it was. He said it was only $20 so I'll just have to wait and see. I just ordered one of the Stratoliner Minlans the other day so I've just picked up four new hats this week-LOL!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Great pictures, they show good details of the work being put into making hats! Thank you very much for posting them here for all of us to view!

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
Yeah, I can't believe how this thread had dropped with little or no comments. I actually meant to pin my comments to the other HatCo Tour where they toured the Outlet Store but I found this one very interesting.

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
It's a Hat Extravaganza at my house today. My Milan Strat showed up Fed Ex from MensHats.com, my Silverbelly Strat showd up from the HatCo Outlet UPS and my buddy made it back from the HatCo Outlet with my Caribou Strat and a nice Dobbs in Brown that he thought I'd like. Now................how and I going to hide all of these hats? LOL

MCGMB

New in Town
Very nice tour, and pics! Thanks for posting.

Whenever I've called the outlet store, they've been very nice and fast with service. Glad to see the operation and hear that the experience there was positive.

RockyNomad

Familiar Face
Sorry to bring this thread back but I've been considering my first fedora. I'm considering an Akubra or a Stetson. I like the sutley and almost pulled the trigger on one on eBay but it had a hole in it so I decided against it. Money is a big factor. How does it work shopping over the phone through the outlet and can you get some pretty good deals?

MCGMB

New in Town
As long as you know your size along with the model and color of hat you want, and they ha e it (they don't always) it works beautifully. The prices will almost certainly be lower than what you can find elsewhere for new stock, but exactly how much less is variable.

Do your research beforehand, and give 'em a call.

RockyNomad

Familiar Face
I was reading in another thread how the quality of modern Stetsons has gone downhill. Has that improved since the thread started a few years ago or should I look more for an Akubra?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner