Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and social media

PinchFrontKid

New in Town
I see this site a a Major problem for someone purchasing a hat and also i see it as a Major Scam Trendinghat.com , they claim to sell westerns and Fedoras , I was on the site a few months ago Looking for a Raiders turn Poet Fedora hat , but when you read the Details of the hat they do not Specify what type of felt it's made out of, I just went back on their site today and Now they have Nike Air Jordan's on their site, gotta be a scam I've never seen any reviews of them on Sites or forums ,just wanted to share a possible scam site and there are other sites just like this one just under a different name
Screenshot_20230927-112423_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230927-112223_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230927-112402_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230927-112343_Chrome.jpg

I see this site a a Major problem for someone purchasing a hat and also i see it as a Major Scam Trendinghat.com , they claim to sell westerns and Fedoras , I was on the site a few months ago Looking for a Raiders turn Poet Fedora hat , but when you read the Details of the hat they do not Specify what type of felt it's made out of, I just went back on their site today and Now they have Nike Air Jordan's on their site, gotta be a scam I've never seen any reviews of them on Sites or forums ,just wanted to share a possible scam site and there are other sites just like this one just under a different name
View attachment 548634
View attachment 548635
View attachment 548636
View attachment 548637
Life is fraught with danger for those who wander blithely. With just a modicum of research a buyer can discern that $59 for a Indy hat is an absurd price and alarm bells should be ringing loudly. It is always buyer beware and it is always...."if it seems too good to be true" it most often to always is true. This is the internet version of the guy on the street corner with a raincoat's insides covered with dangling Rolex watches that he is selling for cheap. "It is a genuine Rolex.....honest, I wouldn't lie to you"

Pardeevitchok

New in Town
It's always good to be cautious when shopping online, especially when something seems off, like not specifying hat details or suddenly adding unrelated products like Nike Air Jordans.
You're right to be skeptical, especially if there aren't any reviews or mentions of them online. Scam sites with similar tactics can be a real headache.
When dealing with online purchases, it's essential to trust your instincts and do thorough research before hitting that "buy" button. If it feels fishy, it probably is.
But remember, some new shops can get cheap YouTube views to boost their online presence.If you're into sharing info and experiences, it's a great way to help others avoid scams.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
The fake hat companies have really come on strong in the last month, i wd say. and they are proliferating. These arent just cheap hats or party fun hats. These are scam companies. People are not getting the hats that they order. Lots of ppl are complaining to online fraud sites. In short, theyre giving hats a bad name. Cheap is fine. But they dont get what they ordered -- the look is different. I noticed a >distressed< hat scam seller -- and the reviews are that customers are NOT getting distressed-looking hats but instead strange small things. It seems very strange. I havent followed it in complete detail but it seems bad. I suppose we can all just report em when we see em. Can we be confident they are all of the same ilk or related? None are doing reasonable cheap-hat service, correct? This is worse than that. Thats my take on it. Has anyone found a legit cheap-hat company in the bunch yet? The sad sad thing is that i just LOVE seeing pics of hats! The scammers use some nice pics! The distressed hats look cool! Its the first time Ive seen so many hat pics on FB and its sad that I have to report them all... boo

I thought that there were more of them about, but likely it's just we're just being shown them more via the algorithm that targets the ads to the viewer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner