Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats in Crime

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
A leprechaun sure didn't bring any lucky charms to a Butte, Mont., laundromat.

The Montana Standard reports that a man dressed as one of the wee folk held up the Front Street Laundromat on Wednesday, the eve of St. Patrick's Day.

"It is Butte," Don Heffington, the hapless laundromat owner, told the newspaper. "Butte gets pretty crazy on St. Patrick's Day, and it was probably someone who needed a little bit more money for stimulants."

According to police reports, the evil elf — sporting a black plastic derby, green kilt and fake beard — strode into the laundry shop as it closed and pulled out a pistol.

"Give me all your money or I'll shoot," Heffington said the leprechaun ordered, apparently without a brogue.

Heffington handed over the $322 in the register, and the elf, described as actually about 5-foot-9, went on his merry way, presumably looking for more pots of gold.

:cool2:

IndianaGuybrush

One of the Regulars
MK said:
According to police reports, the evil elf — sporting a black plastic derby, green kilt and fake beard — strode into the laundry shop as it closed and pulled out a pistol.:

Maybe he needed the money for a better hat :p :cool2:

gandydancer

Familiar Face
Hey there, Macumazahn*, did you know that HRH wrote at least 11 novels about you?

*Quatermain's native name in the book. Monsieur French (pun unrepentently intended) has slipped over the edge and now thinks he is Quatermain. Personally, I recommend he check out the Hataholics thread. GRIN!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy