Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats like the ones in "Catch me if you Can"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andykev said:
Art did the hats for a couple of the actors in "Catch Me If You Can". He still has costumes and hats actually used in this film..(as well as Seabiscut). The "stingy brims" from the 60's era are plentiful.

Hello:
to set the record straight ,I did all the principals hats for Mary Zophries the costume designer fo Catch Me if You Can (BRolin ,Hanks) . I hope this corrects the record on Hanks hat .
Respectfully
Dave Brown

davebrownhats said:
Hello:
to set the record straight ,I did all the principals hats for Mary Zophries the costume designer fo Catch Me if You Can (BRolin ,Hanks) . I hope this corrects the record on Hanks hat .
Respectfully
Dave Brown

That's great. Have any pictures of the hats and their stars. Just the hats themselves might be good too.

Regards to all,

J

Jake

One of the Regulars
Hats for Muholland Falls

Michael D said:
Strider,

Dave Brown made the hats for Tom Hanks in "catch me if you can". Checkout these links:

http://www.davebrownhats.com/products_f.html

Click on the Tom Hanks link.

James Brolin liked them so much, he had Dave make one for him.

Mike
Thanks Mike, that link anwsered a question I had on a previous thread as to who made the hats for Muholland Falls.

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
I made all the hats for every movie ever made...

that had hats in it. Now, let me find my pictures...

Here's one of The Dukes favorites...

I call that my Roadkill Special...go to my website and order one. For $500 I'll send you one just like The Dukes.

And who could ever forget all the wonderful hats in the acclaimed movie 'Deliverance'?

What a hat, and very difficult to find. Send me $350 and I'll run to Wal-Mart and get you one.

I'm just so freakin tired of rookies taking credit for my fine work.

Simon82

One of the Regulars
Looks like the Duke needed a better toupe!

BB, LOL, LOL, LOL! :)

"The Roadkill Special" looks like a winner to me. BB -- did you also do the hats for the western classic, "The Terror of Tiny Town" (worth a look on imdb.com)?

Simon

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Did you...

... do Quentin Crisp in 'The Naked Civil Servant'?
that was quite a hat!

HarveyQCpublicty.jpg

Well done!

B
T

Biltmore Bob said:
For the record...I MADE EVERY HAT IN EVERY MOVIE THAT HAD A HAT IN IT!

That should settle it, now shouldn't it? If you don't believe me go to my website where I will tell you again. www.bragginghatmakingcreditstealer.com[/QUOTE

Dear BB :
Neat criticism , Quite obviously you have never done anything that you never worked very very hard for and finally succeeded. Succeeding in the way that you are recognized as one of the best and YOUR work is appreciated through out the world .
Then you get people who havent paid their dues taking credit for work they havent done (talk to Mr White or Optima ) that really upsets me!! . if you think that I am a braggart , FINE !! if you think I am an Egotist FINE !!
I know what I have accomplished and I am proud as all hell about it,and I will be overly possessive about it.
You gotta problem with that , tough [EDIT]#*$&[EDIT] !!
Dave Brown

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I think Dave you may be upset that other hatters are getting credit for having hats in movies when you should get more credit because you hatted many of the principles.

It is true that little is known about your hats on this forum as not that many people here own or have seen one of your hats... that hopefully will soon be rectified.

Welcome to the forum Dave... and I want everybody to please be a bit more civil when posting.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Sorry Dave on behalf of myself, and Hat Bartender

davebrownhats said:
Hello:
Respectfully
Dave Brown

My mistake Dave! I saw a box of hats and Art said he supplied the movie. He also had a dress or two, maybe some suits, used also. I guess I just thought he did all the hats. I know Hanks uses you exclusively, but failed to mention it. Sorry about stealing the show ;) :cheers1:

To some of the other posters here, the scarasm is not called for. Dave is a great guy and NEW to this forum. We WANT him here, so I am ending this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic