Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hatsbythe100/australiangear.com.au?

mustangman3000

One of the Regulars
Does anyone have any experience with them?

Not long after I placed an order from Hats by the 100 they updated their site. Now it seems my account and order are lost.

I've tried contacting them through the contact form on their site, emailing them at info@aulstraliangear.com.au, info@spectrum-online.com.au and info@hatsbythe100.com.au, but I've got no response.
Does anyone know if they are a legitimate business or how I can contact them other than calling(no idea what international call rates are)?
I really don't know what to do at this point other that start a claim with PayPal.

G MAN

One of the Regulars
Hatsbythe100 is a legitimate business, I did buy a hat from them years ago and it did not go well and I was not happy with their service so I never tried them again.

Last edited:

mustangman3000

One of the Regulars
I just got an email from them! They said I should get it next week and that the web site is still in the process of being updated. So once that's done I will be able to access my account and order info again.

G Man, if you don't mind my asking, what was the problem with your order?

G MAN

One of the Regulars
I got my Banjo Paterson hat from them and they shipped it in a box without any of the usual packaging inside to protect the hat, no cardboard ring, no plastic bag around the hat, just the hat loose in a cardboard box.
Unfortunately when I recieved the hat the brim was badly out of shape all around from sliding around in the box and the hat had a large stain on it and I had to bring it in to my hatter to clean and shape the brim. When I contacted Hatsbythe100 and told them about how I recieved the hat and that it cost me money to get it cleaned and reshaped they said all they could do is send me another box.
This was a long time ago and things could be different now.
Also I don't know of any other complaints.

Last edited:

mustangman3000

One of the Regulars
Thanks for telling.

I actually had the same packing Problem when I orderd my adventurer from David Morgan. But the brim shaped up well after a little bit of working.

In any case I would like to order from hats by the 100 again sometime. They have good prices and their shipping rates are much better than Hats Direct but they really need to work on their communication.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80