Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Haworth 40s/WW2 weekend May2007

RAF Man

One of the Regulars
Great weekend in May every year is the 40s weekend at Haworth in Yorkshire, England. Haworth, home of the Bronte sisters with all the history that can be seen in this village.
http://www.haworth.yorks.com/1940s/

Website explains more details, but great if you like the era, vehicles, aircraft, costume, military, bands and dance.

nightandthecity

Practically Family
I usually go as it is local for me. Nice to check out the clothes and go for a bop in the evening. I do have mixed feelings about this kind of thing though, I read a scathing review by a pensioner a few years back in which he commented that you were more likely to see martians than people jitterbugging in the streets of 1940s Britain.

I went last year with an 85 year old friend, a WW2 vet - he couldn't get his head round all the middle-aged combat troops. ("they should all be generals by now".)

But hey, I'm the guy that complains about the wrong equipment in WW2 movies ("what....a PL-354 jackplug in 1942???")

Anyway, everyone that's going lets get in touch nearer the time......nice pub, meet up, mutually admire shoes and hats etc etc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80