Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Headscarf

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Does anyone have any old photographs of regular ladies or stars wearing a hearscarf a la Grace Kelly?

I stumbled upon a huge amount of deadstock chiffon headscarves from the 50's that are sewn to be worn like that and I would like to use a photograph to show how they are to be worn when I put them up for sale on here and Ebay.

Also, photos of any vintage ladies wearing any type of headscarf is great right now, since it's quickly getting to be summer and we all need visual inspiration for getting out hair off of our necks!

Amelie

A-List Customer
pigeon toe said:
I stumbled upon a huge amount of deadstock chiffon headscarves from the 50's that are sewn to be worn like that and I would like to use a photograph to show how they are to be worn when I put them up for sale on here and Ebay.
Oh please let me know when you put them on Ebay, I would love to have one of these!!

and I haven't seen that thread before, but it's great! Since I am not so good at hairdos, this sounds a lot more easier :D (ok it actually is lol)

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
pigeon toe said:
Does anyone have any old photographs of regular ladies or stars wearing a hearscarf a la Grace Kelly?

Also, photos of any vintage ladies wearing any type of headscarf is great right now, since it's quickly getting to be summer and we all need visual inspiration for getting out hair off of our necks!

Could you 'classified' a few....just for us :rolleyes:

LD

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
GoldLeaf said:
Wow, lots of bandanas in lots of colors and patterns! Now we can coordinate!

It's a site for ladies who have lost their hair, but they do have some vintage looking turbans and lots of scarves.

EDIT:: A how to guide
"Grace Kelly" how to, like the Audrey below
Grace Kelly's hair scarf
Audrey Hepburn in a scarf
In color this time

PT: Some the sites that I linked before had pictures of Grace Kelly and Audrey wearing scarves. Those were the ones that I found after searching for a while. I may be able to come up with more later :)

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
I didn't read through the entire thread, but I think, the bandana style that Amber listed would be great for in the camp ground, and the Grace Kelly for in the convertable. Don't forget the cat's eye glasses and your best lippy.

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
Rosie said:
Here's a pic taken like 5 minutes ago. Don't laugh, I'm home cleaning house and don't have any makeup/eyebrows. :eek: lol

IMG_0001-2.jpg

Rosie, you have the prettiest eyes. And perfect skin. Just thought I would tell you that.

DimeADanceQueen

Familiar Face
pigeon toe said:
I've always wanted to do a cute headscarf thing, but I never know what type of outfit to wear it with. What do you ladies suggest for a Rosie the Riveter headscarf deal or the turban ones? Casual, obviously! But still, it's one of the few looks that I'm not brave enough to wear outside!

Hi PT, I wear one occasionally, I actually have a pattern from a book on 1940s hair styles that I will try to get scanned in here, if you (or anyone else) would like it.

I wear my turban one occasionally when I go out dancing, I wear it with wide legged pants and a fitted top. The Rosie the Riverter I wear occasionally with jeans. And then I do the more '30s style (under the chin) with my plain day dresses.
Hope that helps!
Kitty

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
Could you 'classified' a few....just for us :rolleyes:

LD

Oh I definitely will! I left them all at my parent's house though since I'm trying to focus on school instead of Ebay-ing for the rest of the quarter. But I'll be back home in June, so I'll definitely put a bunch up in the Classifieds then! :)

Etienne

A-List Customer
Lovely pictures!! Speaking of movie stars and scarves, I watched an old movie we have called "Come Live With Me and Be My Love" last night, with Jimmy Stewart and Hedy Lamar. In it, Stewart find a "garment" of hers that looks a lot like a pair of footless hosiery with a stretched waist. He's not too sure what the item is; she grabs it away from him and goes to the mirror and stuffs her hair up into it, with the "legs" hanging down on either side of her head. Then she pulls them back, criss-crosses them in back, brings them back up, crosses them again and then tucks the tails under the back edge. Oh my goodness, she looked FANTASTIC!!!! Of course, she'd look good in a paper bag!!!

StraightSeamGal

New in Town
I wear a headscarf quite frequently, a good excuse for doing the front of the hair then tucking the resy away when i'm feeling lazy ;)

P.S Take some kirby grips for the car journey, you dont want to get caught out by the wind!

Adelaidey

One of the Regulars
I'm also a frequenter of the head-scarf with a couple curls/rolls in front... I seem to be doing it more and more often lately-- I'm getting really lazy! lol
Welcome to the Lounge, StraightSeamGal!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner