Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hellboy's duster coat

boyorastroboy

Familiar Face
Charlie Noodles said:
I'll see if I can get some shots of him in the first one. Any of you read the comics, then?

The first movie was pretty decent, and I have high hopes for the second. Any of you who like the movies and haven't seen the comics need to drop what you're doing right now and head on down to your nearest comic book store and snag some of Mike Mignola's gorgeous artwork. Not only does the guy write great stories with compelling characters, but there are few people working in comics today with such a strong design sense and phenomenal command of the medium.

http://io9.com/384312/why-mike-mignola-draws-the-best-fight-scenes-ever

For what it's worth, I always interpreted Hellboy's jacket as cloth and not leather in the comics.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Just saw Hellboy 2...

And that poor coat goes through a lot in this movie!

But what a visually stunning film! Get yo' butt in a theater seat!

Edward

Bartender
I'm just debating whether to go to see it at "the people's premier" at Somerset House (open air), or to see it in more comfort at the local cinema, indoors in a nice comfy seat.... hmmnn...

Really looking forward to it. :)

FRANKIE

New in Town
Edward said:
Having a free afternoon yesterday and being inclined to stay home, i dug out my copy of Hellboy and threw it on the DVD. As impressive a film as I remember it being, I love it on many levels. Superficially, there's the good, old-fashioned pulpy Good Vs Occultist Nazis storyline, an extremely cool villain, and a screwed up anti-hero in a long coat. Looking more deeply, there's also a very well developed treatise on the 'nature vs nurture' debate. I was also reminded of how much I liked Hellboy's coat, which seems to me to be a long, oilskin duster with leather-lined collar and a buckle throat-latch, very old school in style (and perfect for hiding a tail should you need to):

HellboyIIc.jpg

Neck detail:

hellboy2pic5.jpg

Anyone seen anything like this recently? I've never quite fancied the Drizabone type overcoats - too much of a 'bush' look to them for wearing with a suit, to my eye anyhow - but this one has a classic, urban noir look to it that I rather fancy for those days when even the Burberry isn't quite enough....
Although by no means an exact match, I'm a big fan of this coat:
1202761897589-2028285600.jpeg

http://www.shop.bangalla.com/product.sc?productId=194&sourceCode=froogle

I've had one for a little while now and it's treated me very well.

Edward

Bartender
ohhhhhhhhh!, Momma!

Frankie, thanks for posting that - I'll definitely look into that. More the sort of thing I like - not an exact Hellboy copy, but in the same vein, with more of a retro look than the Aussie oilskins tend to be. Inevitably, if I buy something like that I'll be wearing it with a suit on those days when the Burberry isn't quite enough... the Drizabone etc somehow just don'tg look quite right with a suit...

:)

Feraud

Bartender

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran