Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hello hello hello i'm a newbie

Marq

Familiar Face
Hi all i have just joined although i have been a lurker for some time now.I thought the best thing was to tell you a bit about myself ,likes,dislikes to kinda get on the right foot from the off.Ok here goes.My name is Paul (Rhythm man),I'm 41 and 3/4 and i'm from the UK Luton in Bedfordshire about 35 miles from London.I was brought up by my gran and mother and thats where my love of music comes from.I can't remember the first time i heard hot swing of R n B rockabilly or any of it but i guess it was some time about a week after i was born.Both my mum and Gran were music and dancing mad .My Gran was a ballroom dancer and a competition Charleston dancer and learnt Lindyhop when Whitey's Lindy hoppers done a tour here in the 30's.My Gran learned To Jitterbug country style (we call it Jive here) when the American troops came here in the war.By the Time i was 13 i could dance well.I also dance Californian swing Balboa.I have a 1935 American ford hotrod Pickup truck.I Dj regularly in London and go swing Dancing 2,3,4 or 5 times a week depending whats on.My Favorite clothes ?well generally as i dance i like wearing 40's style Hawaiian shirts and huge Pants the cuffs on mine range from 24-26 inches so they are quite large.My favorite shoes ?well i have a few pairs but they are all either buck or two tone i have an original unwearable pair of buck wingtips from thew 40's that i need to get copied.I have most of my clothes made as i have done the vintage route only to have to keep sewing stuff up and chasing moths away but this has the added advantage of not being smelly and not being unhappy with ruining a valuable item of clothing although i do have original clothing i tend not to wear it.Any Questions would be welcomed i have many contacts throughout the 40's scene and can get my hands on almost anything or if anyone needs help or advice i'm here................................Paul

Marq

Familiar Face
pretty cool place

from what i have read so far.typing this to the sounds of the Mills brothers by the way if anyones interested.....Paul

Leading Edge

One of the Regulars
Welcome and be easy

I'm new myself! Since you've been lurking, you already know Fedora Loungers are people who value style and it sounds like you've got a ton of that. However, the real question is: what kind of fedora(s) do you wear?;)

Oh yeah, and do you eBay?lol

Salv

One Too Many
Hi Paul, welcome along, I'm sure you'll have a good time in the Lounge. It's always nice to see more Brits joining in.

You said in your intro that you get most of your clothes made - where do you go, if you don't mind me asking? Do you have a local tailor that understands what you want, or do you use one of the established repro companies? Loungers are always on the lookout for good repro clothing, so any hints and tips are always most welcome.

Marq

Familiar Face
Well i have a friend funnily enough in Surry just outside London.She makes Bags(pants trousers)and pegs all high waisted.She also has some ready made stock for about £45 plus postage.They make shirts open neck 40's type and have started to make Hollywood jackets too although i don't know how much they run out at but she is doing one for me now.They are real nice Quality too.She will make them up for you with supplied Fabric to your measurements exactly although i think they run out a bit more about £60- £65 plus postage.You can email me if your still interested on paul.louise@ntlworld.com .....................Paul

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy