Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hello, I'm new in town!

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Welcome Gok!

I'm really enjoying reading your responses,but I have to admit that when I read that you had been making vintage wear for 31 years I thought it was a typo.
From your picture I guessed your age to be in the 26ish range.Once,I read further about your having grown children I was shocked.
Now you'll have to share your secret youth potion with the rest of us.;)
Welcome aboard!

GOK

One Too Many
LOL I get that all the time! The only things I can tell you is that I eat healthily (although obviously this includes chocolate from time to time!), don't drink or smoke, use lots of natural products (mostly Lush) and have a stubborn determination not to grow up! Heheh! lol

Seriously, I do think it is a combination of outlook and good genes!

fleur

One of the Regulars
Hi Gok!

This is the first time I have been able to make a post (all down to AOL!!) but finally I got it sorted.

When I was in bed with horrific flu and sinusitis I think I read the lounge from front to back and its such a wonderful, friendly place!

Sorry to hijack your thread - I will go sort my profile out and introduce myself!

:p

absynth

New in Town
Welcome from a Canadian member, I am new as well and have found that eveyone here is very friendly and most helpful. Can't wait to see the pictures of the corsets. Have a great day and Happy Hallowe'en:)

GOK

One Too Many
Hi Fleur, lovely to see you made it over here at last! Big get well hugs on their way to you.

Landgirl - logically you'd think we'd be near each other eh?

Hi Absynth and welcome! I've just been reading your thread about plus sizes. Some of my chums over on Bernie Dexter's place just posted a whole load of stuff about plus sized vintage inspired clothing. I'll see if I can find it for you.

GOK

One Too Many
Actually, it's only just over an hour by train into Euston, so not too bad. And Birmingham is about the same whether we drive or go by train. Actually, that said, the traffic in Brum city centre on Sunday evening was diabolical, so it's entirely possible that next time we go, it will be via train.

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Hello to all at the Powder Room,

I have also just joined. Found this place a while back, showed the BF and now he has joined to show off all his suits to all the other chaps!
I said to myself, why should he have all the fun? So now I have joined up too.
My Avatar isn't great as being a bit of a dunce with computers I can't figure out how to improve the resolution - durrrr. I will get it fixed, but it is me there, so you have an idea who's chatting in here.
Quickly, my real name is Simone, but I am also known as Sis from doing 1930s Living History. I also do 40s Living History (English stuff) even though I am not English but am a Kiwi from New Zealand. I have lived in England for 7 1/2 years so far and the BF is a delightful Englishman called Ben, a.k.a Chuffy. I will have to post a picture of us but he is very camera shy so I will have to be sneaky.
Glad to have made your aquaintance, ladies!

Sis.

GOK

One Too Many
Hello Sis, pleased to meet you. How lovely that you have both joined and absolutely brilliant that you are involved with LH (I used to do dark age and medieval) - we know where to come for advice then! :D

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welcome to The Fedora Lounge GOK!
You sound like a fascinating lady, and I am looking forward to learning more about you and from you.
I saw your post on the "Show Us What You Made Thread" of the gorgeous red gown with the 300 ft (?) train, it was quite marvelous. I'm sorry that you had to deal with such horrid patrons at the hotel during the shoot. One can have wealth beyond belief and absolutely no class! I'd like to believe in Karma in these situations, and hope that what goes around will come around. Those rich snots will get what's coming to them eventually!!

Well, I hope you find the lounge as informative, fun and fact filled as I do. I have had the pleasure of meeting quite a few loungers at a few different events, and have been impressed by all. Each individual I have met in person or encountered here on line has really made me enjoy the fedora lounge experience even more.

So, pull up a seat, strike up a conversation. We are all golden era fanatics and there seems to be an endless supply of great conversation about a plethora of subjects. I have learned so much about the golden era since I joined a year ago.

Well, now that I've gone on and on. Welcome To the Lounge! It's always nice to have a new lady in town. Oh, and don't worry about posting on threads that seem to be geared towards the men. I think they actually like the input us ladies can give them. I'm sure they enjoy the compliments!

Have a good day!
Daisy

GOK

One Too Many
What a lovely post, Daisy - thank you! I'm really, really enjoying it here. It's not just the wealth of information (I love Rosie's catty pics), the amazing pool of talent or the friendliness - although all of these are wonderful - but the manners! I can't tell you how refreshing it is to come into a place and be welcomed by people with decorum, self respect and respect for good old fashioned values. KatieD (another new member here) has a lovely forum too (and sells wonderful faux vintage lingerie!) - it really is gratifying to make new friends and learn things too! I am really looking forward to making lots of new chums! :D

ETA:

Oh my goodness Daisy - I just looked at your vintage clothing collection <le gasp!> - how utterly wonderful! That black gown you won by a penny - wow!

Do you know what struck me though? (Apart from how beautiful you are, how suave your husband looks in his blazer and how adorable your pets are!) Your pink outfit - I think it may have been the inspiration for the Beauxbatons uniform in the last Harry Potter film. See what you think (I hope you don't mind that I stole your photo for comparison).

P1020565.jpg

Harry20Potter20and20the20Goblet20of.jpg

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
GOK said:
What a lovely post, Daisy - thank you! I'm really, really enjoying it here. It's not just the wealth of information (I love Rosie's catty pics), the amazing pool of talent or the friendliness - although all of these are wonderful - but the manners! I can't tell you how refreshing it is to come into a place and be welcomed by people with decorum, self respect and respect for good old fashioned values. KatieD (another new member here) has a lovely forum too (and sells wonderful faux vintage lingerie!) - it really is gratifying to make new friends and learn things too! I am really looking forward to making lots of new chums! :D
Oh, you're very welcome!! This certainly is a great place to make good friends. I have tried to get involved in some other vintage forums. But after posting a few times, I never even got a welcome. They were cold, and unfriendly, and not nearly as informative.
I am always in the market for vintage inspired lingerie. Does KatieD have a web site? It's always good to give support to the venders here on the lounge.

Well, I'm glad you are enjoying yourself! I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures of your creations. I must say again, that gown you made was exquisite!

GOK

One Too Many
Daisy Buchanan said:
Does KatieD have a web site? It's always good to give support to the venders here on the lounge.

Yes, it's www.whatkatiedid.com (I hope it's ok to post that link here, if not, I'll remove it.)

Well, I'm glad you are enjoying yourself! I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures of your creations. I must say again, that gown you made was exquisite!

Thank you! Oh and I hear what you are saying about how some fora can be a closed shop so to speak. Personally I find that kind of elitism limiting and self destructive. What's the point? Isn't it much nicer to share the wealth as it were? I think so anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo