Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hello My Name Is...

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Horrors, not the sticky tags!

In case you do decide to wear them to a gathering, USE A PIN and NOT THE GLUE to put them on!!!!
Vintage clothing is fragile, as I found out when someone slapped a name tag on a dress I loaned them and when they removed it, a big piece of the dress came off with it.
My name is at the bottom of all my posts... and I save trouble by being Miss 1929 everywhere in cyberspace.

French

Familiar Face
first name = screen name

My screen name is 'French' as is my given name. It is a family name that has been passed on to the first-male child for 4 generations now. Hopefully my son and his wife when they marry (in the very distant future -- he's only 3.5 years old) will continue the tradition, as I've never seen anyone who had the Roman Numeral V as a suffix on their name.

French

edited to add that I have no French ancestry

Idledame

Practically Family
I too thought it would have come in handy at the picnic, but on the other hand, we had to actually speak to people to find out who they were, which can be a good thing for shy people and we were all having trouble remembering each other's names and had to ask 2 or 3 times, but nobody seemed to mind.

Well, after one catastrophic nervous breakdown and two total reconstructions from the neck up, there's so little left of the person whose name appears on my ID that my callsign--bestowed upon me by a young lady I once loved, in the middle of that second reconstruction, and then confirmed by an old fighter-squadron commander who was like a father to me--is the closest thing to a "name" I really have, everything else is, well, like debris of a former life.

So, yes, in a manner of speaking, "Diamondback" is my name now...

Hey, you asked!

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
well.....the "ør" is like the "ir" in Sir
So my name could be written Sir-en.
(lol looks strange...)

Its only in Scandianvia we have these letters ø (ö), æ (ä) and å (aa)

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Spitfire said:
well.....the "ør" is like the "ir" in Sir
So my name could be written Sir-en.
(lol looks strange...)

Its only in Scandianvia we have these letters ø (ö), æ (ä) and å (aa)

It is like my last name Møller, people outside the scandinavian countries have a hard time saying it, so I use Müller when I am in Germany and Miller in all the others - it is so much easier..

splatt

One of the Regulars
Over the last 38 years i've been called either Mickey or Mick...but the name that appears on my Australian birth certificate, drivers license and passport (and which i only ever used publically during the period in my past when i was a lighting designer for theatre and ballet groups) is...Miroslav Stanić.

I have gone through other periods when i use it, but not very often. For some reason it was hard for kids in Australia to either pronounce and/or remember it during the 1970's so it was easier to use Mickey (and then Mick) and that seems to have stuck :(

Though I have had the nickname SplaTT since the mid 1980's and a lot of people only know me by that name now...especially online ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW