Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hello!

Renee

Familiar Face
I've already posted a few times, but wanted to give a quick introduction.

I got interested in vintage-style dressing about five years ago, when I was looking for modest, feminine clothing. I wasn't interested in "plain" dress or one-piece denim jumpers, nor did I want to wear regency-style dresses (though I think those are beautiful). I just wanted something pretty, reasonably stylish, non-"costumey" and practical for daily life. I'd always been interested in the 1930s-1940s, so I began to look for inspiration there.

Unlike most here (I assume) I don't dress in vintage clothing, nor is it my desire to recreate an authentic period look. I did try, in the beginning, but found that (1) I just don't enjoy shopping for older clothing (also, two bad experiences with old body odor coming back to life in the garments made me a bit obsessive about sniffing the armpits! lol) and (2) I like the quality and colors of newer fabrics much better than many of the older ones. So I'm just happy to achieve a vintage flair and style with newer items that I either buy or sew. I also have fun with my husband's wardrobe, as he loathes clothes shopping and is more than happy to let me handle that "chore" for him!

This site is a wonderful source of inspiration, and I look forward to learning more from everyone here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner