Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help a rookie out.......(filson)

wheelgun

New in Town
Gentlemen,

I picked up this used Filson today. I may or may not keep it. I'm thinking about fleabay, possibly. I looked on the website and can't find one like it. No tag telling what it is. Can you guys help me on the approximate model and what it is worth? I appreciate the help. I hope the picture posts work here:

DSC02881.jpg

DSC02882.jpg

DSC02884.jpg

Papa M

A-List Customer
I don't know the model but it looks like a 300 buck jacket. I would anticipate getting about $100 on E-Bay. I just picked up a very nice Filson, a variation on the Filson Mackinaw Cruiser in charcoal black, for 50 English pounds.

rumblefish

One Too Many
A dry-cotton wool-lined double cruiser of some sort.:confused: I don't recall seeing one like this.
I agree with Papa, expect a hundred or so.
List it as ultra rare, or limited edition or some such.;) No X on the label, that's good.

Inusuit

A-List Customer
Wow, nice coat. Is the whole thing lined with green wool? What's the size? If you decide to sell, I'd definately be interested depending on the size. I'm just across the border in Cheyenne. Since you don't have enough posts to get a PM, post here and we could get in touch if you are interested in avoiding the Ebay hassle.

I am a long-time owner/user of Filson garments and I've never seen one like this.

wheelgun

New in Town
Yeah, it has a built in wool liner. I think it's a size 40. I'm a 42 usually and this fits like every 40 I've ever tried on. I'm 5'11, 190 lbs and it's a tiny bit tight in the shoulders. It does have a tiny snag in the back, but, you know, it's a filson.
I'm bummed - the Filson store here in Denver is closing this weekend. Cool place and cool guys working there. I stopped by 2 weeks ago and picked up a moleskin shirt. Picked up a mackinaw cruiser a few months ago and love it.

What I really want is the tin cloth packer coat. That's my next goal. :) Then maybe a double mackinaw - then a hunting vest, then a hat, then some chaps........you see where I'm going here!

Inusuit

A-List Customer
Wheelgun, I think the Ebay item you tagged is tin cloth and the wool liner is a separate zip-in item.

I found this seller on Ebay, search for portlandstation. She seems to have a source for Filson returns, overstocks, seconds, etc. and has excellent prices. She had a lightly used waxed cotton foul weather coat Buy it Now for $150. I offered $75 and she accepted immediately. I have several Filson garments: double mackinaw, mackinaw vest, whipcord wool pants, travelers vest, cover cloth raincoat, wool ball cap, stocking cap. Filson, Carhartt, and Whites get me through the Winter.

Sounds like the size would work. I'm 5'7" on a good day and 150 pounds.

Inusuit

A-List Customer
Yes, Tom, a good portion of the 5'7" and 150# is in the 7 1/2 LO noggin. Sometimes I have trouble remaining upright. (Or could that be an overdose of Jameson's Irish?)

wheelgun

New in Town
Well, I see I'm in the right place - the land of the big headed filson wearing men. I measure in with a 7 5/8 noggin. My kids look like pumpkins mounted on toothpicks!
I tried it on again today and I think I've decided to dump it. Nothing against the coat, it's more against my shoulders. Inusuit, I'll take a picture of the snag on the back and post it here. If'n you're still interested, we'll talk turkey.

budrichard

Familiar Face
What you have is a Filson Tin Cruiser in un-oiled Tin Cloth. I actually prefer the un-oiled Tin Cloth over the oiled Tin Cloth because it is more pliable. Its a very nice coat. I have one just like yours except there is no wool liner. -Dick

wheelgun

New in Town
Thanks for the info. I've been thinking it's the unoiled style. Seems pretty rugged, really. What filson decides to line and not line kind of baffles me. I have a mackinaw cruiser.......

wheelgun

New in Town
(pardon me, boosting my post count)......and I've wondered why they don't put a liner in it. It's a great coat, but it would be AWESOME with a liner.

wheelgun

New in Town
But, I'm originally from northern Maine and what I know is that a lot of the old guys wore a long john shirt with a t-shirt, then a flannel shirt over that, then a vest, then the coat. So, I guess......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace