Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help dating an Excelled MC Jacket

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I have read somewhere that fashion designers where making jackets based on the Perfecto style for this winter. At least in my country I noticed women wearing jackets with Perfecto style more this winter than last year. I hope it doesn't turn out to be fashion for men. I don't want a swarm of people wearing a jacket like mine just because it's "todays" fashion...

KURGAN

New in Town
Thanks again for all the answers! So it should be mid 80s ,more or less my age,i was born in 1986.

Yes, it's very "Ramones" ,but i think my Perfecto it's more Ramones style because i have a female style made in lambskin (i'm a metal guy and i like to wear mc jackets for most of the year so a lightweight mc jacket is good for spring) and it's very slim fit. Anyway,this Excelled rocks too,i like it so much. I wore it even last night at the end of the year party. And,answering to who asked himself if this kind of jacket is a fashion thing i think it's not. The only places where i generally find a lot of people that wear jackets similar to mine are metal\hard rock concerts and bikers events (only HD and 60s 70s bikes riders).
Sometimes you can find someone "normal" with a Perfecto style jacket,but it's something very rare (at least in Italy) . They had been fashion garment during the 80s,but now are almost only for metal\hard rock enthusiasts and some kind of bikers.

Tonypaj : you don't need 70-80 cm long hair like me to wear a jacket like this,if you like it,wear it!!! There isn't written anywhere something like "unwearable over the age of xxx". I know fat and bald guys that wear this kind of jackets.

Last edited:

tonypaj

Practically Family
Thanks again for all the answers! So it should be mid 80s ,more or less my age,i was born in 1986.

Yes, it's very "Ramones" ,but i think my Perfecto it's more Ramones style because i have a female style made in lambskin (i'm a metal guy and i like to wear mc jackets for most of the year so a lightweight mc jacket is good for spring) and it's very slim fit. Anyway,this Excelled rocks too,i like it so much. I wore it even last night at the end of the year party. And,asking to who asked himself if this kind of jacket is a fashion thing i think it's not. The only places where i generally find a lot of people that wear jackets similar to mine are metal\hard rock concerts and bikers events (only HD and 60s 70s bikes riders).
Sometimes you can find someone "normal" with a Perfecto style jacket,but it's something very rare (at least in Italy) . They had been fashion garment during the 80s,but now are almost only for metal\hard rock enthusiasts and some kind of bikers.

Tonypaj : you don't need 70-80 cm long hair like me to wear a jacket like this,if you like it,wear it!!! There isn't written anywhere something like "unwearable over the age of xxx". I know fat and bald guys that wear this kind of jackets.

Here in Geneva region all kinds of people wear this type of jacket. Old, young, fat, thin, you see them all the time when walking in the "conservative" city of Geneva. Well, there are tons of Harleys, as well...

As for myself, it's just me being vain. I'm not that fat (very bald though), 183 cm and 83 kg. However seeing my son wear his jacket, he is as tall as I am, but weighs 73 kg, it just brings back the realities of life, one does get older. I'm not 18 anymore. But I've got other cool jackets :)

andy b.

One of the Regulars
I also have several Excelled leather jackets. I think they are fairly good quality.
The size tag changed over the years. It didn't always include the height (REG or TALL on it). I have a jacket from the early 80s (received as a gift in 1983) and it doesn't have the height, just chest size. I have a jacket similar to the OP's and it has the height on it, and I believe it is from the mid-80s. In the late 80s or early 90s they went to the brand label with the eagle just before they went to non-USA production.

Andy B.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran