Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help find Ridley a new home! Prefers 42 or 40 owner - Black FQHH

pawineguy

One Too Many
Offered for sale is the original Ridley cross zip prototype, size 42 in Black FQHH, green OD contrast stitching, brass hardware, and a slim fit design so please look at the dimensions and pictures carefully. For your reference, I am 6'2", 185 pounds. This fits either as a slim fit 42, or if you look at the dimensions below, you can see it's a pretty straight forward 40.

To answer the inevitable question, I am selling just to cull the herd a bit of things that really didn't get into the rotation. Some just click and others don't so I'd rather move them to someone who's going to wear it, and give a TFL member a great price before I have to sell elsewhere. This is a really beautiful jacket and is just starting to soften up a bit. I'm going to say I wore it approximately 8 times.

Pit to pit = 22 inches
Shoulders = 17.75 - 18.00"
Bottom opening = 20.5"
Sleeve length = 26"
Back length = 25.5"

$625 including shipping and insurance CONUS. Everywhere else approximately $50 upcharge for shipping.

IMG_4869.JPG
IMG_4870.JPG
IMG_4871.JPG
IMG_4081.jpg
IMG_4090.jpg
IMG_4113.jpg

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
I would own this if I didn't already have the bootlegger.

It is a bit more of a 'bikery' Bootlegger, isn't it? Sort of like the missing link between a Bootlegger and a Perfecto.... I'd be sorely tempted if this were but a few sizes bigger. It's a gorgeous jacket (when was it made? I remember Murray showing me something very similar in the Aero factory in July '14, which was a prototpye of some sort if memory serves..... if it's the same jacket, it's as stunning in person). I really like the smiplicity of it. It actually puts me strongly in mind of the jacket Johnny Depp wore as the eponymous Wade "Cry Baby" Walker in John Waters' Cry Baby (1990, cracking fun film - John Waters' pastiche of an Elvis picture, like a really subversive Grease that gets the clothes right!). That one, though, had a removable belt and no exterior breast pocket. It's a jacket that I've often been tempted to have replicated (absent the 'logo', mind). Good luck with this sale.

pawineguy

One Too Many
It is a bit more of a 'bikery' Bootlegger, isn't it? Sort of like the missing link between a Bootlegger and a Perfecto.... I'd be sorely tempted if this were but a few sizes bigger. It's a gorgeous jacket (when was it made? I remember Murray showing me something very similar in the Aero factory in July '14, which was a prototpye of some sort if memory serves..... if it's the same jacket, it's as stunning in person). I really like the smiplicity of it. It actually puts me strongly in mind of the jacket Johnny Depp wore as the eponymous Wade "Cry Baby" Walker in John Waters' Cry Baby (1990, cracking fun film - John Waters' pastiche of an Elvis picture, like a really subversive Grease that gets the clothes right!). That one, though, had a removable belt and no exterior breast pocket. It's a jacket that I've often been tempted to have replicated (absent the 'logo', mind). Good luck with this sale.

Thanks Edward, based on the timing, I'm 95% sure this is the jacket that you saw. The final jacket design added lower straps, which I'm sure someone could delete from their order, as I prefer the simplicity of this prototype design. This one is still available, but this listing led me to sell another great jacket to an inquiring board member, which is a good thing. This jacket is an example of why having great partners such as Thurston pays dividends in injecting new ideas into a company. I'm sure I'll miss this jacket but while it would be an "occasional" jacket for me, I can see this being an everyday wearer for someone, and it's really going to look amazing once it's further broken in.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Plumbline's getting a slimfit! Plumbline's getting a slimfit!!!!

I almost fell on the floor. If he ordered a slim fit jacket I think we should all reply to his fit pics and tell him we think it's a little snug. I'm pretty sure he would hunt us all down.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Plumbline's getting a slimfit! Plumbline's getting a slimfit!!!!

:eeek:

words fail me...

jokes aside, nice looking jacket and like konadog, I'd be sorely tempted if I didnt have my premier fit bootlegger.
Dont suppose you have a Sheene you want to off load?

pawineguy

One Too Many
:eeek:

words fail me...

jokes aside, nice looking jacket and like konadog, I'd be sorely tempted if I didnt have my premier fit bootlegger.
Dont suppose you have a Sheene you want to off load?

Thanks Protein, and alas, no, my Sheene is my favorite jacket and it's not going anywhere. That's the second inquiry into a Sheene, I think that's building up to be the most popular design here, they did a nice job with that jacket. (You have one already, no?)

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"Plumbline's getting a slimfit! Plumbline's getting a slimfit!!!! "

^^^^ Man you're nuts!!!! But it is interesting, he does seem to prefer room in his jackets.

Worf

Last edited:

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Protein, and alas, no, my Sheene is my favorite jacket and it's not going anywhere. That's the second inquiry into a Sheene, I think that's building up to be the most popular design here, they did a nice job with that jacket. (You have one already, no?)

I haven't ordered it yet. Just waiting on my latest order, a premier fit half belt with Speedway back to arrive before placing the order. Need to work out which colour to go for once I can see all my jackets laid out before me.

pawineguy

One Too Many
I haven't ordered it yet. Just waiting on my latest order, a premier fit half belt with Speedway back to arrive before placing the order. Need to work out which colour to go for once I can see all my jackets laid out before me.

That's right, the Board Racer fit jacket was for a BR based Sheene...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes