Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help in Identifying Hats - Part 1

dmpoint

New in Town
I have come into possession of two hats of which I know nothing about. Can anyone out there help me in identifying what I have?
IMG_3038.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3029.JPG
    IMG_3029.JPG
    6.6 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3032.JPG
    IMG_3032.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3033.JPG
    IMG_3033.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3034.JPG
    IMG_3034.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3035.JPG
    IMG_3035.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3036.JPG
    IMG_3036.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 35

dmpoint

New in Town
This was made by the Langenberg/Beaver Brand Hat Co. It’s a good looking open crown and wide brim fedora. Do you have a specific questions about it?
Any information would be appreciated i.e. when it may have been produced. Condition, worth of said hat etc. Out of curiosity is a Lagenberg a type of hat? It is marked as a Worth Hat. In as much this came from the Amish country of Indiana. Thank You for the reply.

Any information would be appreciated i.e. when it may have been produced. Condition, worth of said hat etc. Out of curiosity is a Lagenberg a type of hat? It is marked as a Worth Hat. In as much this came from the Amish country of Indiana. Thank You for the reply.

Langenberg Hat Co. was a hat company that made all sorts of hat styles. They specialized in making store branded hats (any retailer could not only have their store printed on the Sweatband and/or liner. They could have it made where it looked like the hat was made by the store). Langenberg became The Beaver Brand Hat Co. in the last part of its existence. It went out of business about 15 years ago midst embezzlement and other criminal shenanigans.

Price is always tricky on vintage items. It’s in a very common size, and not one of the more valuable larger sizes. We, as a rule, don't usually provide valuations, but it’s not among the more valuable hats. These tend to be solid hats and as long as there isn’t damage (moths, staining, dry rot sweatbands, etc.) they are good everyday hats.

dmpoint

New in Town
That is awesome information. Thank You for replying. I also have another one listed that i would like you to take a look at also if you have the time. Thank You in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner