Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me decide on a leather for new Aero?

Looking closely at my Seven, and those lines are there too.
It's definitely not too large.
Best I can figure it it created from how Aero sews in the zipper.
On mine, the line follows the edge of the zipper tape- where the leather is folded over.
uzGl8zK.jpg

Looking at internet photos...they are on most broken in FQHH Aeros (not cross-zips).

Last edited:
Certainly interesting but by no means related to size I don't think? This two sizes too small Vanson featured the same unintended front "yoke"
I wish I still had this tiny bad ass jacket. LOL.
IMG_4127.JPG

Rich22

Practically Family
The front crease phenomenon seems widespread... is it limited just to the heavy CXL leathers, I wonder?

The front crease phenomenon seems widespread... is it limited just to the heavy CXL leathers, I wonder?
I think no. My Aero CXL CR's never developed this. Even across various size ranges. My feeling is it might have something to do with the neck diameter...I don't find it to be an unattractive trait by any means. But I think it's odd how some jackets do indeed behave this way.

Fonzie

One Too Many
I have a vintage Kehoe steerhide cafe racer with the same vertical creases and the leather is very soft, so not exclusive of heavier hides.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred