Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"help me identify this a2 jacket"

wild_balls

Practically Family
Hi,

Need some expert help to identify this possible Ebay find of mine! The tag is missing, appears to have been one under the hanger, not sure, but there is a small tag on the side of the lining under the armpit that says something like "R. Sherman leathercleaner, Newark, bergen street" hardly readable! Strange zipper With "g" on the pull and says USA on the back! It belonged to his grandfather he said! It has an amazing patina you only get from years of use as you can see! Horsehide or steer???? Just treated with Pecards, looks more shiny than original! Fits me perfect by the way, tight fit!

Help appreciated!

Cheers, Joakim
IMG_4303.jpg

IMG_4307.jpg

IMG_4306.jpg

IMG_4312.jpg

IMG_4311.jpg

IMG_4318.jpg

IMG_4320.jpg

IMG_4316.jpg

IMG_4315.jpg

IMG_4313.jpg

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is a civilian made A2-definitely not an issued jacket. It appears to date from the years immediately after 1943. There were many non government contract makers of such jackets and it could have been made by anyone of them. I love the patina on the leather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn