Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help! Pearl Harbor dance

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
It's my dance on Saturday and the theme this yr (the 10th anniversary of us starting the dance) is 'Remember Pearl Harbor!'
So, it has a hawaiian/japanese theme (two rooms) and I already have lanterns and Lei (who'd have thunk you could get 'em in the UK!) and I'm busy folding Origami cranes. But, does anyone have any cool, simple (cheap!) ideas for centre pieces? I was thinking coconut candle holders? Palm leaves with little tea lights on?
Ideas please!!!!
I'm wearing a NNC white dress, but i'm a hefty gal and fear I will look more like nurse Ratchett from 'One flew over the cuckoos nest!)
K:)

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Slightly sick joke warning: You could use Arizona Iced Tea.
But seriously, folks. I think Pearl Harbor must just not resonate with Britain the way it does in the US. It was "A day that will live in infamy" to us. Over 2,000 Americans killed. I've been to a Dec. 7th themed dance, sponsored by an airplane buff group called the Yankee Air Force. Almost everyone came in some sort of WW II uniform. Maybe some motifs that include the old US Army Air Corps wing insignia, the white star with the red spot. A profile of Diamond Head, other Naval images, US Navy planes, definitely palm trees, 48 star flag, a jeep?, US helmets (not the British Tommy helmets), a picture of FDR, a surf board (they were wooden an 15 feet long in those days, not fiberglass), a grass skirt, aloha shirts, and how could I forget, Tiki lounge stuff!