Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HELP! Spread collar vs point collar?

Hexenmeister

One of the Regulars
I need some input.

I've been looking at a lot of men's shirts, especially dress shirts, and am constantly torn between point collar and spread collar. I know that you should use your shirt collar to balance your face (point collar to lengthen a round face and spread collar to round-out a long face, etc), but I really can't tell when my face/head falls in the round-long spectrum. I'd like to be able to wear spread collar shirts because I like a more modern look with their thinner collars, but I don't want to sink $60 into a shirt that will make me look bad.

Can I get some input from the lounge? These are my most recent self portraits.

IMG_0305-2.jpg
IMG_0194.jpg

nigelewan

New in Town
Buy a shirt that can accommodate detachable collars! ^_-

For what it's worth, I don't think the spread collar looks bad on you, but (imho) the space between your tie's knot and collar is distracting. Your head looks neither round nor long, so I don't think you need to worry about that too much. The spread definitely doesn't make your head look grossly round or anything, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy