Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help! Stop Me. I live in South Florida for God's Sake.

Katt in Hat

A-List Customer
:eek:fftopic: Set 'em up Joe... I knew that this joint would get me in trouble.

KM_SHORT_JACKET_FRONT.jpg

KM_JACKET_BLACK_FRONT.jpg

U -571, Das Boot & Red October

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Florida sunshine versus Atlantic U-boat jacket?

So the bug has got you so bad that you are buying jackets you aren't likely to wear in Florida? Did I interpret that right?
So tell us more about the jackets and where you got them and what attracted you to them (with it being the jacket forum and all!! lol).

Thanks, and good looking jackets, but you may have to move to colder climates to enjoy them!! lol.

Baggers

Practically Family
Katt in Hat said:
Money better spent on Early Birds and Speedo's. I must stay strong. :deadhorse

http://www.replicaters.com/ww2germannavy.html

I'll help you out. I've read more horror stories about this vendor on other boards that there must be some grain of truth to them. And those pictures you're looking at on his web site are probably not even of his own products, as he's infamous for using images from other web sites without permission.

I'd avoid him like the plague.

There you go, a nice bucket of cold water as requested! :)

Cheers!

Baggers

Practically Family
Anytime! ;)

I live in North Texas and have a similar affliction. For example, I own an Irvin, how many times per year am I going to wear that around here!

That said, however, that 3/4 U-boot jacke in black leather from Traders of the Lost Surplus did look very cool, and the price wasn't that bad, and I don't have a black one in that length, and I do have a character that I play from time to time in a friend's short films that really demands having a jacket like that...

MUST...NOT...WEAKEN!

DON'T...BUY...MORE...LEATHER...JACKETS!

MUST...SAVE...THE...BRAIN!!! (sorry, that last one came from an old "Ren & Stimpy" episode. It won't happen again.)

Cheers!

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Hey Baggers...

...could you point me to some of the negative feedback for Replicaters please...(?)

I'm very interested, as some US vendors sell his gear... and I've also dealt with him myself. I'm not looking for an argument at all- just want to see what the problems are.

Thanks a bunch-

B
T

shamus

Suspended
I had a set of the short U-Boat jacket and pants but in pale gray. I would have kept it if it fit, but was too small for me. I think I only paid $150.00 for the set. I sold it on ebay for $300.00. I haven't checked but look on ebay for originals. They might be the same price and you know you're getting the real-deal.

Kt Templar

One of the Regulars
Baggers said:
Anytime! ;)

I live in North Texas and have a similar affliction. For example, I own an Irvin, how many times per year am I going to wear that around here!

That said, however, that 3/4 U-boot jacke in black leather from Traders of the Lost Surplus did look very cool, and the price wasn't that bad, and I don't have a black one in that length, and I do have a character that I play from time to time in a friend's short films that really demands having a jacket like that...

MUST...NOT...WEAKEN!

DON'T...BUY...MORE...LEATHER...JACKETS!

MUST...SAVE...THE...BRAIN!!! (sorry, that last one came from an old "Ren & Stimpy" episode. It won't happen again.)

Cheers!

Hey Baggers, Wested can always make you one ;)

You WILL buy MORE jackets, you know it is your destiny!

Kt.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
shamus said:
I had a set of the short U-Boat jacket and pants but in pale gray. I would have kept it if it fit, but was too small for me. I think I only paid $150.00 for the set. I sold it on ebay for $300.00. I haven't checked but look on ebay for originals. They might be the same price and you know you're getting the real-deal.

Beware-

most of the 'originals' on eBay are not originals!

B
T

Baggers

Practically Family
BellyTank said:
...could you point me to some of the negative feedback for Replicaters please...(?)

I'm very interested, as some US vendors sell his gear... and I've also dealt with him myself. I'm not looking for an argument at all- just want to see what the problems are.

Thanks a bunch-

B
T

Happy to oblige.

Here's one at the WW2 Reenactors Forum, and another at the WWII Reenacting Forum in the UK.

There is probably more there on those two sites, but these were the biggest that I recall. Just use the search function on each site to find more.

I'm willing to grant that as a wholesale manufacturer dealing with retail vendors he's probably an excellent resource, but I've read just a bit too much to want to deal with him directly as an individual. I've probably purchased a ton of stuff from other vendors who sell his merchandise, but if i have a problem -- and I have had a few over the years -- I can exchange or return very quickly and with confidence. I'd rather let the vendors take care of any hassles in dealing with him.

Cheers!

Baggers

Practically Family
Kt Templar said:
Hey Baggers, Wested can always make you one ;)

You WILL buy MORE jackets, you know it is your destiny!

Kt.

Are you referring to that one that Peter made for "U-571?" Perhaps, but that black leather number with the brass KM buttons just looks too cool for words -- and I'm not even a naval freak.

And yes, I know it is my destiny...sigh. "destiny, destiny, no escaping that for me. Destiny..." (a little "Young Frankenstein" riff for the knowledgable out there...;)

Cheers!

Shadow

New in Town
Warm Weather Area Coat support group...

:)
I empathize with you!
I live in So Cal.
We had a cold spell and I got hooked on coats!
Lived here 8 years & originally from NY
HAd mostly given away most of my coats
but I got the bug again...

Just love the long lean flowing look of a coat
Well its kind of getting warm again
So maybe I can call off the ebay hunts for coats!

Just sometimes you see a good vintage coat for $10
and seems a crime to resist!

:D

Mycroft

One Too Many
As a fellow member/suffer of the So. Fla. community I sugesst you look for unlined and lightweight jacket like the ones for summer Aviators. But the do come in handy for the one week or so in Febuary or December or November that we all look foward too each year

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
I guess Missouri does have advantages... I'll wear something from the winter wardrobe one day, and shorts and a t-shirt the next. People around here don't store their summer/winter clothes, because you never know when it'll all of a sudden be thirty degrees in the middle of May. For example.. Sunday the 12th, we had a tornado. Sunday the 19th, a snowstorm, and yesterday was a beautiful clear day with people fishing down at the river and kids riding bikes and everything. Sorry, I went a little off topic there.

Shadow

New in Town
:)
I don't like the cold..anything under 65 is cold!
Still I look foward to those cooler days as an excuse
just to take a coat and and give it a walk around the block...

Heck there's always the chilly meat or frozen food section in the supermarket

;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn