Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help with my first hat!

woodyinnyc

One of the Regulars
I am in the market for my first hat and really need some help with a few things. I'm looking at straws since summer is coming, and that's about as far as I've gotten. So many styles, so many makers, how do you choose? And while we're at it, what about the different bashes and such? Why choose one over the other? I 'm sure this has all been covered somewhere, but I can't find it. Any help is appreciated!

duggap

Banned
Need a hat

Since you live in "the" city, why not take a trip to Bencraft Hatters and try on some hats to see which style fits your face, etc. Then after you know what you want, if you can't get it there, try the Fedora Lounge for additional help. Good luck.

BuddyJ

One of the Regulars
I'll second that! Take a trip to a hat store for your first hat. It's worth it to have a vast selection to try on and figure out what works for you and what doesn't. And, a helpful sales associate can guide you to find the perfect hat. They usually have a knack for finding "the one."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy