Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help with my next jacket purchase

Jwag

One of the Regulars
After three years of owning my LW A2, I want a new jacket to break in. The LW is russet brown horse, so this time I want a black jacket, but still want horse or something comparable. I am NOT selling my A2 however.

I fell in love with the LW Suburban but not the price. I don't want to pay over $1,000 for a non standard size 34. I want to know what other U.S. makes you would suggest. I really love the looks of the Schott 689H but don't know much about their quality. Is it worth $750? I see 36 is the smallest they offer right now unless I could get it customized.

On the other hand, the US Authentic Sportster could be customized in a 34 with shirt collar and side buckles for $100 more. The main concern with me is the length of the jacket, being I'm just 5'4 and 120 pounds. Decisions decisions...

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I have heard very good feedback on TFL regarding Johnson Leather Corp. in San Francisco, and you might search on this forum for custom jackets made by Johnson Leather.

thor

Call Me a Cab
I've found that the Schott 689H runs on the small size (I had to size up one size for a comfortable fit). Shortish-sleeves IMHO. The 36 might fit you. Good quality and excellent workmanship. I got mine afew years ago for $450 in NYC; to be honest, I wouldn't have bought it if it were $750 (would've just saved up a bit more and bought a custom Aero).

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
There are a few brand new 689HH and 641HH on ebay for a price lower than 750, you should take a look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy