Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help with my soft bonnet dryer!

Heather

Practically Family
So I recently obtained a vintage soft bonnet dryer. When you attach the hose, is it suppose to be in the front or back of the head? Also, any advice on getting one over medium-large rollers? The advice is greatly appreciated! :)

crwritt

One Too Many
Heather said:
So I recently obtained a vintage soft bonnet dryer. When you attach the hose, is it suppose to be in the front or back of the head? Also, any advice on getting one over medium-large rollers? The advice is greatly appreciated! :)

If it has a sort of drawstring elastic you loosen it up, put both hands up inside
the bonnet and spread out your fingers to keep it open as you ease it down over your curlers, then tighten the drawstring. Leaning over as you are putting it on may help.
Arrange the hose however it is most comfortable for you, we used to have it to the back or one side or the other.Having it in front would be annoying if you plan on trying to read. You can change the position by rotating
the cap on your head, and you probably will want to, throughout your drying session, as with some of these dryers the air will concentrate more right where the hose connects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner