Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Heres a couple of repros

airfrogusmc

Suspended
RMNZ Roughwear duo toned B-3 after a little wear.
newflatfront12-24-05low.jpg

backflat12-24-05low.jpg

closeupback12-24-05low.jpg

B-3labellow.jpg

Lost Worlds G-1 LW has great knits...
fllatfront.jpg

waistband.jpg

flatback.jpg

cuffknit.jpg

Pocketandsleevegrain.jpg

Conmar.jpg

airfrogusmc

Suspended
Now an original

This is an origimal Irvin Foster 7823C from the mid 1960s. Its a VERY LARGE size 48. 27 inches arm pit to arm pit. Check out the grain in the goatskin and the wondeful color of the mouton.
flatfrontlow.jpg

moutonandgrainlow.jpg

zipperandwaistknitslow.jpg

The knits are McCoys NZ and were put in by Steve Voigt. The jacket was real mess when I bought it. The knits looked like they had been replaced by Stevie Wonder and were the wrong type. Voigt was able to straighten it out somewhat. Looks allot better than it did.

bfrench

Familiar Face
Leather Jacket Fix

airfrogusmc said:
And the RMNZ Dubow is finally starting to break in.

Hi, Allen,

Thanks for the pics and the daily leather jacket fix.

Have a Merry Christmas,

Bill French

airfrogusmc

Suspended
Bill Merry Christmas to you also. Still think'n 'bout a G&B goat A-2. Its between that and an Aero....I have an NOS triple stamped Talon with a deco stopper box look'n for a home. Hows that goat of yours break'n in?

bfrench

Familiar Face
airfrogusmc said:
Bill Merry Christmas to you also. Still think'n 'bout a G&B goat A-2. Its between that and an Aero....I have an NOS triple stamped Talon with a deco stopper box look'n for a home. Hows that goat of yours break'n in?

Hi, Allen,

It's breaking in nicely - soft and supple - collar lays down like a lazy dog.

Here's a composite of a RW 18091 and an earlier FS A-2 goat - both taken from JC's cd. Mine is coming along nicely - I'm surprised how well a Lexol treatment chabged the character of the jacket.

RW18091andFSA-2Goat.jpg

Here's a pic of the front.

FSA-2Front3.jpg

Here's a pic of the collar grain. - The color is fairly accurate.

FSA-2Collar4.jpg

Bill French

Bebop

Practically Family
Incredibly nice jackets, friends. I have just started on jackets and find both of you very informative on this site and on other jacket sites. By the way, nice photography of a difficult subject, leather grain.:cheers1:

rick5150

One of the Regulars
SHARPETOYS said:
I wish Florida would have a cold front come thru so I could wear a few of mine. :) :cool: :)

You are welcome to come visit me anytime if you want to test out your jackets. We are having an unusually warm December though as it temps will range from 34-47 degrees all week. No complaints here...you may just want to wait until mid-January...

airfrogusmc, what do you do to your jackets to get them to distress so evenly?
flatfront.jpg

This jacket looks great.

airfrogusmc

Suspended
Rick, on the McCoys Dubow A-2 I did a little hot water on the collar and the pocket flaps. The hide is whats so makes it look so good. Its a horsehide that McCoys was offering for their Real McQueen jacket. They called it drumrolled seal which from what I understand all horsehides are drumrolled but I guess this is done another time in the process. Its also a veg tanned horse that has a light tan base. The leather was not drum dyed completely thru so it wears to a ligther base. I don't think RMNZ is offering this hide anymore. But with them you have to check because they are always getting different hides in. The big thing is WEAR THE HECK OUTTA IT. Especially in bad weather (rain & snow). Let it get real wet a few times and wear it till it dries.

I don't know if you have John Chapmans CD but he explains in detail about how he hot water treats his jackets. Heres a shot of JCs Real McQueen that he hot watered the entire jacket. Its the same hide as my Dubow.
front_view_flat.jpg

02pocket.jpg

All the details of how John distressed this jacket are on his CD. I just did the hot water on the collar and the pocketflaps. What I did is take boiling hot water and really get the collar and the pocket wet then work the leather by hand for quite a while until it relaxes. You can also shape the leather (a collar to lay right). If you do some of the other distressing things that John does make sure the leather wasn't drum dyed dark all the way thru because you can really ruin a good jacket if it has been. Also I've had some luck with rubbing alcohol bring the shine down on a very shiney jacket. Try all of these things on a part of the leather that doesn't show first. The best way is to wear the jacket HARD. I didn't do as much to my Dubow as John did to his McQueen but I really like the looks of Johns jacket. You have to have the right hide to start with though.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats