Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

History of the "Cafe Racer" jacket.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Well that i-phone 14 is indeed impressive! I have an SE (11 - I believe) and I like the camera on it a lot.

I picked up my Nikon D750 with the micro lens (manual focus) and shot a few fun little tidbits in the waning sunlight this evening, however are not of a Cafe Racer but rather an Indian Ranger and a Langlitz Columbia.

A quick Macro tutorial for the interested: https://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/macro.htm

Detail_02.JPG
Detail_03.JPG
Detail_04.JPG

Sometimes you just get surprised in the right light how you can crate a photograph you did not expect, that's what occurred here:
Detail_05.JPG

And finally, this is what Macro photography usually is taking photos of...

Detail_06.JPG

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Sorry for an off-topic question guys but I see that your jacket has a Gripper Zipper slider, Marc. Do you happen to know who produced these sliders? I was trying to identify the maker of a MC jacket of mine and it has the same brand as yours.

View attachment 519262

Thanks in advance, Marc.
Some time ago has a discussion with @Claybertrand about the zipper brands that were used on these HD cafe racers though the years. These gripper zippers diamond pulls were often paired with Scovill main and sleeve zips. Maybe 'gripper zippers' produced by Scovill?

IMG_2285.jpeg
IMG_2286.jpeg

Nacho

Practically Family
Some time ago has a discussion with @Claybertrand about the zipper brands that were used on these HD cafe racers though the years. These gripper zippers diamond pulls were often paired with Scovill main and sleeve zips. Maybe 'gripper zippers' produced by Scovill?

View attachment 519302 View attachment 519303

Ah, I see.

For my jacket, the main and sleeve zipper are both Serval. Maybe Scoville owned it at some point???

tempImagerwG1Lh.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner