Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"History Preservation" Clothing

1911 Man

A-List Customer
Yes, they are the American distributors for Eastman Leather. Search the outerwear / jacket forum, and you will see many Eastman Jackets. I've heard great things about Eastman Jackets, and have always thought it would be nice to add one to my collection.

Curious though, how last fall when the value of the British Pound dropped, Aero prices in the US dropped substantially, but Eastman remained the same. I guess that's why I keep buying Aeros instead of an Eastman.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Welcome to The Fedora Lounge, Opas Coat!

Do some searching here. History Preservation Associates have been discussed at length. And please share - what is an "Opas Coat?"

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I find the Gallery photos of original USAAF jackets especially interesting. Some of the jackets are in near mint or un-issued condition and as such give one a good idea what they looked like as new.

CBI

One Too Many
actually, when the Pound took a nosedive, the Eastman jackets did go down in price and are still at a much lower price than they have been in years - provided you order directly from Eastman and not the US based HPA.

1911 Man

A-List Customer
That makes sense. However, when I first contacted Eastman a few years ago about ordering a jacket to the USA, they directed me to contact History Preservation. I suppose going through Eastman UK would be better, but how do you do it?

Evidentally..not anymore,Scotrace. ELC has been taking orders direct from USA since before Christmas. A change in policy..I suppose. Perhaps it was only temporary with the recent exchange rate...and increased orders. Hopefully it will be permanent.
HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn