Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homburg Nation

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
You're actually saving money. If you didn't but these discounted hats now, you would have eventually ended up paying full retail for them in the future.
Just 1 more day! :)
That is my logic as well! Deals like these shouldn't be passed up. Yes sir one more LONG day, lol! I have been watching videos on moons thread that he started about how you bash/crease a hat to try and learn. Not to mention looking at tons of old Deckard posts and videos.

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
Once you go Homburg, there is no going back. One in each color will soon be the quest. I still need a light grey! I have five homburgs and wear them frequently. Formal and casual, they work. I hope they have a nice one for you! Can't wait to see photos.
Thank you sir! It's a style of hat that I've always admired and am looking forward to trying out.

It's probably going to be a stiff hat, as many current production homburgs are. If you like the look of the hat and the color and are ok with a stiffer hat, I don't see why not. Just make sure there are not any glaring flaws. I believe it's abt a $200 hat. Caribou is a nice color.

Shortly before he bolted Stetson, Deckard reintroduced the St. Regis as an open crown hat. With any luck, that's what Jeremy will get. I had considered getting one when they were put in the catalog, but never pulled the trigger.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Shortly before he bolted Stetson, Deckard reintroduced the St. Regis as an open crown hat. With any luck, that's what Jeremy will get. I had considered getting one when they were put in the catalog, but never pulled the trigger.

Open crown? Now that got my attention. It would be really nice if so. Most vendor pics online show the factory center crease homburg.

Ottmar Reich (Lindenberg), 58cm, Crown Open 5 1/2 inches, Brim 2 1/2 inches, probably late 1950s early 1960s. I am not really sure what to make of this one because it has the feel of an older hat. The felt is really fantastic and easily dry creases. It's very well made with high quality components. The paper label is hand written which is strange and liner is glued in (could have been altered?). The Ottmar Reich Soft Felts I have come across are of a later time period so nothing to compare it to. Ottmar Reich was best known for Straw Boater Hats but started making Soft Felt hats in the late 1920s.

34506909304_90312b2d1d_b.jpg

35310432126_b6193ca9a3_b.jpg

35220569731_e2a3bf8f09_b.jpg

34540419273_ee7f803d9f_b.jpg

35310747596_2de73db883_b.jpg

34540525273_b7571c03d2_b.jpg

35310843706_f977da53b6_b.jpg

35310880306_2c16efc957_b.jpg

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
IMG_0496.JPG
IMG_0493.JPG
IMG_0494.JPG
IMG_0495.JPG
IMG_0488.JPG
IMG_0490.JPG

Just talked Candy at the outlet into sending me pictures of that Homburg. Sadly it is not an open crown St Regis :( They also have a Panama that I cannot find in the Stetson catalog and Open Crown Premiere Stratoliner in my size. Candy called me this morning on my way into work because she remembered I was looking for panamas and open crowns. They sure make it easy for you to spend money ;)

Last edited:
View attachment 76963 View attachment 76962 View attachment 76960 View attachment 76961 View attachment 76959 View attachment 76958
Just talked Candy at the outlet into sending me pictures of that Homburg. Sadly it is not an open crown St Regis :( They also have a Panama that I cannot find in the Stetson catalog and Open Crown Premiere Stratoliner in my size. Candy called me this morning on my way into work because she remembered I was looking for panamas and open crowns. They sure make it easy for you to spend money ;)

The personalized service they give you on the phone is great. Candy was very helpful and texted pics of my recent purchase. Plus, I've been down there, and they are also very nice and helpful in person.

The personalized service they give you on the phone is great. Candy was very helpful and texted pics of my recent purchase. Plus, I've been down there, and they are also very nice and helpful in person.
Just because I'm lazy and sleep deprived, where would I search to get the contact information? Is there a specific website? Hook a brother up, thanks.

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
Just because I'm lazy and sleep deprived, where would I search to get the contact information? Is there a specific website? Hook a brother up, thanks.
Candy's direct number at the Hatco Outlet is 972-494-0337. They don't have a website really that I am aware of other than a presence on Facebook. They don't have a listing anywhere with inventory either. You kind of have to go old school and just call and give them what you are looking for and size and they will go look for you.

Candy's direct number at the Hatco Outlet is 972-494-0337. They don't have a website really that I am aware of other than a presence on Facebook. They don't have a listing anywhere with inventory either. You kind of have to go old school and just call and give them what you are looking for and size and they will go look for you.
I kind of like that, kind of a mix of eras. Thanks buddy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW