Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Honest opinions about this jacket

Fred Holden

New in Town
Hey everybody,

Looking for honest opinions on the fit of this jacket. I'm not going to say where my insecurities about it lie ;)

I love the material, style and feel when I'm wearing it, which should be all that matters. I would like to hear what others think though. Say what you want about Belstaff, but it is a gorgeous leather and I got it for well under half retail price. Cheers!

20CvhxW.jpg

2FSUZ7p.jpg

y72dX8P.jpg

aalM8zs.jpg

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Body length, shoulder width and sleeve length are good, the jacket fits you well in that regard. Jacket looks good on the side picture and zipped open. Something about the front picture where you have it zipped up looks odd. It's hard to nail down, though. Maybe it's just the angle or how you are standing... The slim cut shoulders, the waist taper and the required bottom width because of the hip length of the jacket oddly accentuate your body shape, in a as I feel feminine way. Hard to put the finger on it really but as I said before, might just be the picture. The others look good.

Edit: on 2nd glance the shoulders don't look that slim... odd. Can't tell what it is.

I found one thing with the design that bothers me, though. The padding on shoulders and upper arms is not aligned seamwise. That would bother me with a jacket at that price point.

Last edited:

Fred Holden

New in Town
Body length, shoulder width and sleeve length are good, the jacket fits you well in that regard. Jacket looks good on the side picture and zipped open. Something about the front picture where you have it zipped up looks odd. It's hard to nail down, though. Maybe it's just the angle or how you are standing... The slim cut shoulders, the waist taper and the required bottom width because of the hip length of the jacket oddly accentuate your body shape, in a as I feel feminine way. Hard to put the finger on it really but as I said before, might just be the picture. The others look good.
Thanks man! I was worried the sleeves were a bit baggy, but what you've said really puts my mind at rest. I would love to love this jacket, and I'm glad you think it looks good :) yeah that is an odd angle. I have quite a big arse, so my hips probably look a bit big from that lower camera angle. Doesn't look like that in everyday wear though, I don't think anyway

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
The sleeves are fine in the upper arm area, yes they are a bit wide in the forearm/wrist area, but not in a "I'd stare at that and frown"-kind of way. I don't think anyone is going to take notice, not in a normal environment anyway. Here at the Fedora lounge? Maybe. But we are all nutters. If it keeps bugging you after a few weeks of wear, go to a furrier (unlike most tailors he will have the necessary needles to work with leather) and have him fix it. He might have to shorten the sleeves to slim them, though. Because where they sit right now, at the knuckles, they are not very wide. If you want the super slim forearm look, you have to shorten them to the wrist and then you can taper them down very hard from the elbow. The local furrier I go to with that kind of stuff would charge 60-80€ for that.

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
I don't know how much you paid for that jacket but in my opinion it looks completely off on you.Half price isn't a bargain if you feel the need for reassurance.Belstaff stopped making proper motorcycle wear years ago,I'm old enough to remember ,sadly.:),,

Fred Holden

New in Town
I don't know how much you paid for that jacket but in my opinion it looks completely off on you.Half price isn't a bargain if you feel the need for reassurance.Belstaff stopped making proper motorcycle wear years ago,I'm old enough to remember ,sadly.:),,

Thanks for the opinion. I actually like the style, and don't have a motorcycle so I didn't buy it for functional wear. It is comfortable, warm enough for a summer's evening and I like how I feel in it. The only reason I'm unsure is that I haven't worn this style of jacket before, so I don't know the red flags to look out for. As it's off the peg, I'm interested to hear from others what they think fits and what doesn't.

It's a pretty unflattering angle, as I've said I have a fairly sizeable arse (it's all muscle....:rolleyes:)

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Overall I think that jacket is a good fit on you. The lower sleeves are rather loose and baggy which is odd to see on a jacket with a sleeve zipper. That is the only issue I see though, and as jacketjunkie said it is a fairly minor one.

Bjorn240

One of the Regulars
I think it fits fine- if unremarkably.

That said, the sloppy sleeves with zippers drive me nuts. The idea behind zipper sleeves is to make them tight enough to go under gauntlet gloves. The sleeve zips on my Vansons (and on my Alpinestars leathers) are all snug enough that I cannot wear a watch while riding. Sloppy zipper sleeves just screams "fashion jacket" and undermines the aesthetic. It doesn't look like a motorcycle jacket; it looks like a mall jacket.

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
I think the jacket look off because of the photo.
You're too close to the camera.
Put the camera sightly higher and move back.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
It looks so much better from further away. And the width of the sleeves is such a minor thing, you barely notice on this new picture. No one is going to give you a hard time for that. Enjoy wearing it.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Yes agreed! Much better to see you with natural lighting and not so close up. Only thing I could comment on is that the back might be a little loose (visible in first photos) however if you want to layer under it, that's a benefit.

So what model of Belstaff is that one? I tried out one a few years back that had a wool lining, it belonged to a friend and he handed it to be for my opinion on it. First thing I noticed was how comfortable it really was as soon as I put it on. It was a very similar style as the one you now own. Not sure steer/horsehide but it was a very nice jacket indeed.

I see you are new here, Welcome!! Is this your first leather jacket? Wow a Belstaff is so much better a jacket than anything I owned for many years. And do hold tight to your wallet, lots of temptations for expenditures around these parts. And as long as you are happy with the jacket -- that's what matters! :)

Mark

Practically Family
Looks fine. Not keen on the big zips and looks a tiny bit short but that maybe down to how you wear your jeans. Otherwise..cool jacket.

I think it's a really nice jacket that fits you very well. I see that some may find sleeves a bit baggy but I prefer them so. It looks great. Zippers are cool.

Butch_Coolidge

Familiar Face
Hey everybody,

Looking for honest opinions on the fit of this jacket. I'm not going to say where my insecurities about it lie ;)

I love the material, style and feel when I'm wearing it, which should be all that matters. I would like to hear what others think though. Say what you want about Belstaff, but it is a gorgeous leather and I got it for well under half retail price. Cheers!

20CvhxW.jpg

2FSUZ7p.jpg

y72dX8P.jpg

aalM8zs.jpg

It's a cool jacket, hands down. If they cast you for the next 007 however, make sure you get a custom tailored tux and shirt. In other words, relax and enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The second photo absolutely makes the jacket look better all the way around. Even the hide looks nicer. The oversized zips seem a bit out of place on what would appear to be a lightweight jacket but they are cool looking.
Hang around here long enough and you'll have 12 other jackets to compare it to;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy