Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hot roller thingies.... really.

Smumo

New in Town
I was flipping channels and the infomercial for this was on.

http://www.topstyler.com/index.html

He was doing basically pin curls but instead of pinning them he was clipping them with these heated clips. He made the pin curls look so easy, but we all know they're not! LOL

I feel bad for women who buy this and don't realize how hard it is to curl hair without curlers.

Maybe I'm just a klutz though. Pin curls are so hard for me!

Anyone use this?

I'm not buying it, I'm still enamored with the headband set I learned on here. I was thinking someone who was adept at pin curls might like it though.

Tatum

Practically Family
If I used heat regularly, I would so get these. They look pretty darn cool!

Eta: holy crap, they are expensive!

Last edited:

crwritt

One Too Many
If I used heat regularly, I would so get these. They look pretty darn cool!

Eta: holy crap, they are expensive!

2 sets for $14.99?but $19.99 shipping!That makes them sound cheap.
then, Three additional payments of $39.99 will be charged, one in 30 days from today, one in 60 days from today and the other in 90 days from today. 14.99
-------
154.95!
Or, you could just to pin curls with a curling wand and clip them in place for a few minutes, similar effect.

Last edited:

olive bleu

One Too Many
I never order anything from those infomercials..there may be many reputable companies out there, but I work for a bank and almost daily talk to tearful, regretful customers who cannot stop charges from showing up on their credit card , sometimes for months on end, and sometimes after receiving shipments of products that have nothing whatsoever to do with their original purchase. Sometimes cancelling your card doesn't even work. There's nothing i need desperately enough to risk that kind of racket.

On top of that the price seems a bit outrageous.

DigThatBeat

Familiar Face
That price is crazy but I might consider buying them if they ever end up in the 'As Seen on TV' section at Walgreens.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I never order anything from those infomercials..there may be many reputable companies out there, but I work for a bank and almost daily talk to tearful, regretful customers who cannot stop charges from showing up on their credit card , sometimes for months on end, and sometimes after receiving shipments of products that have nothing whatsoever to do with their original purchase. Sometimes cancelling your card doesn't even work. There's nothing i need desperately enough to risk that kind of racket.

:eek:fftopic: That is awful, and it's one big reason why I wouldn't order from infomercials either (the other being the product could be a useless gimmick.) My mother bought me Proactiv off an infomercial when I was a teenager, and they kept charging her credit card and sending new packages every month, even when she told them to stop. I used it for years afterward but always bought it from a kiosk.

ginfizz

One of the Regulars
I've used them before. They're ok.

I feel like they're just like any other of those infomercial hair things. It's unnecessarily complicated and not as good as you'd hope.

I think just a hot roller or pin curl set works better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails