Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hot Weather Hats

Topper

Vendor
little someting I've been working on with one of my suppliers ;) "Bombay Bowler" style pith

ATH_7570.jpg

Green cloth underneath to reduce glare.

tinmanzzz

A-List Customer
Gummed up ????

Panamabob said:
I second Aaron. You don't want a gummed up Straw that will be too hot, either.
I'm not sure what Robert means by gummed up???
I guess I like a hat where the brim has more shape than over cooked spaghetti. Floppy brims should be reserved for Ladies Beach Hats.

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
I'm not sure what Robert means by gummed up???
I guess I like a hat where the brim has more shape than over cooked spaghetti. Floppy brims should be reserved for Ladies Beach Hats.

Gummed up means taking a very fine hat and sizing it into something it wasn't meant to be.

Aubrey, quit being a donkey about everything. You had the choice to return the hat (you didn't), yet you prefer to whine like a little girl. Take an iron and set the brim how you'd like and buy a bottle of hairspray and spray it on. It isn't that hard to do.

You are trying to make me look bad for some reason or another, although you had every opportunity to return the very fine hat.

HDRnR

A-List Customer
Robert...I bought that stingy brim Panama you had on Ebay last week. I absolutely love it. Never saw one like that before. What a deal !

tinmanzzz

A-List Customer
Panamabob said:
Gummed up means taking a very fine hat and sizing it into something it wasn't meant to be.

Aubrey, quit being a donkey about everything. You had the choice to return the hat (you didn't), yet you prefer to whine like a little girl. Take an iron and set the brim how you'd like and buy a bottle of hairspray and spray it on. It isn't that hard to do.

You are trying to make me look bad for some reason or another, although you had every opportunity to return the very fine hat.

Dear Panamabob or Ecuador_arts or panamaequador or Robert Weber
Gosh, I am Soooo Sorry if I have hurt your feelings. Personally I feel you need to lighten up. Maybe fix yourself a good drink and listen to a little Jimmy Buffett. We are only talking about hats.
Also, do you normally make an illegal request for personal information from eBay anytime someone disagrees with you?? You requested mine on a hat that was purchased from your own online store “Panama Hatworks of Montecristi” not one from your eBay store.
About returning the hat, it took 8 weeks of patient waiting to get a hat that you stated should take 2 - 4 weeks to receive. So, rather than pay shipping both ways and hope my refund didn’t take 8 weeks of patient waiting, I decided a Hat in the Hand was better than a check in the mail.
And about this “whine like a little girl” statement. I’m not the one who said “I have ZERO control of things in Ecuador since I've left and it bites me so many times, I'm ready to quit. You guys know what these hats retail for at other places and what a deal you get.” Or “Unfortunately, my idiot brother-in-law sent up a Brisa weave rather than a Llano weave.”
Finally, when all else is said and done, I paid you for a Extra Fino Cuenca Llano Liso Caballero and I received a Cuenca Brisa Fino.
Robert, it’s only a hat and I will gum it up.

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
The information from ebay was not illegal. I was wondering why positive feedback was left on my wife's account if you were so upset with the hat.

Gret Hat for the money, super fast shipping. Will buy again Seller: ecuador_art ( 69) Mar-31-07 04:25
Authentic Ecuador Panama Hat Diamond Fedora 7 5/8 (#280095954613) -- View Item

Also, you seem to come on here and whine about things that could easily have been remedied. I'll gladly post all of the emails if you wish. So that the communication is clear and the guys see that I only fulfilled what you had agreed to. Emails to follow.

The guys here know that my brother-in-law is an idiot at times and messes up far more than he should. I've been saying it for years, as I don't hide and hurl without people knowing who I am. For some reason he just doesn't learn from his mistakes and it costs me $$$$ personally every year because I take care of the problems.

The fact is that I was up front and honest with you the entire time. You accepted the hat under condition that if you didn't like it you could return it. You decided to come on here and list your displeasure instead of being a gentleperson about it and returning the hat. Your lack of confidence is something I have zero control over. It must be a character flaw of yours.

Finally, you received an Extra Fino Brisa. Again, you fully had all opportunity to return it if you didn't like it. What your wife has is a Brisa. Compare the two and you'll see a tremendous difference.

Now, continue trying to drag my name through the mud and hurt our business.

Here's my terrible list of emails Okay, bartender or MK, am I gonna get banned for defending myself?:

May I ask who blocked Don Rosendo's hat for you?

Thanks,

Robert

<tinmanzzz@earthlink.net> wrote:
Robert,
I am not so concerned with the style of weave (although, I understand that the Brisa is normally cheaper and faster to make).
What I am concerned about is the findness and blocking of the hat.
I ordered a Extra fino (I assumed a wpsi of around 500) is this hat that Fino ??
Is it blocked in a Caballero style?
If this hat meets these standards then please send it to me. if not, then we need to talk about a refund.
Please advise me which we are doing.
Thanks,
Aubrey

ps I just aquired a Rosendo Delgado Fino for my wife and I would hate to look too bad beside of her.

----- Original Message -----
To: [mail]
Sent: 5/9/2007 9:05:36 AM
Subject: Re: patient in East Tennessee

The hat is right here. It says your name on it and has a sticker that says 61 cm. Unfortunately, my idiot brother-in-law sent up a Brisa weave rather than a Llano weave. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Brisa weave, it is fine, fine, fine and nice looking. If that is something you'd like, I'll mail it tomorrow.

Thanks,

Robert

wrote:
Tomorrow I will be starting my 8th week patiently waiting for the hat I PURCHASED from you.
Would you be so kind, as to give me an update on the status of MY HAT.

To: Diana Weber
Sent: 4/23/2007 9:57:22 PM
Subject: Re: Item #1754890 - Notification of Payment Received from (tinmanzzz@earthlink.net)

Robert,
Patience is really an over rated virtue best reserved for good Wine and Scotch.
However, I have been Patient for 5 weeks and I guess I can be patient a little longer for a "Whale of a Hat"
Thanks for your quick reply

I simply do not have the hat as of yet. I apologize. The only problem is that the order crossed with Holy Week.

If impatience is an issue at all, let me save both of us a headache and refund you now. If you are a patient person, you'll get a whale of a hat.

Thanks,

Robert

wrote:
Robert,
It has been now 5 weeks since I purchased the Hat.
As I have not received it could you check to see if it has been shipped or if there is a problem ??
TIA
Tinman

To: tinma
Sent: 3/22/2007 5:40:06 AM
Subject: Re: Item #1754890 - Notification of Payment Received from Aubrey Dacus

Thank you,

We'll get the hat up ASAP, generally 2-4 weeks.

Enjoy!

[url]www.panamas.biz[/url]

<tinmanzzz@earthlink.net> wrote:

Dear Diana Weber,

This email confirms that you have received a payment of $98.99 USD from
View the details of this transaction online

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Payment Details
Total Amount: $98.99 USD
Currency: U.S. Dollars
Transaction ID:
Quantity: 1
Item/Product Name: 1754890: 1 EFC, Caballero, 61 7 5/8 @ 89.00
Item/Product Number: 1754890

To: "Diana Weber" <panamaecuador@yahoo.com>
Robert,
Your customer service in answering your email is Fab. But, you are missing the point. I want to spend less than a $100 on a panama hat. I was looking at a "Miller" Panama and if they hat replied to my email, I would be wearing it now.
I'm just trying to avoid a "hunter down" brim. If either of these hats don't have a "HD" brim, let me know
thanks,
Tinmanzzz

Diana Weber <panamaecuador@yahoo.com> wrote:
What I'm worried about is the "Oval" and not getting the brim correct for you. I have no problem selling you a standard hat, but I want you to get what you need.

Thanks,

Robert
<tinmanzzz@yahoo.com> wrote:
Dear Bob,
1st, Thanks for the quick reply.
I was disappointed to learn that neither of these hats would work for me. I had hoped that at least one would be close.
Anyway, thanks for taking the time to reply. I guess I will continue to look.
Tinmanzzz

Diana Weber <panamaecuador@yahoo.com> wrote:
Best bet for you if you want a Cuenca is to buy an unfinished body from us and have someone like Art Fawcett block it for you. That way you'll get as near to exactly as you want as you can.

Thanks,

Robert

<tinmanzzz@yahoo.com> wrote:
Bob,
I am interested in buying a Panama Hat and hope you can advise me which one would be best for me.
I am a 7 5/8 oval
I am wanting a "C" crown with a 2 3/4" to 3" brim with the front down and the rear up.(NO Hunter Down)
I am considering the Extra Fino Cuenca Llano Liso in either the Caballero or the Rio Plata.
I have seen your comments at the Fedora Lounge and hope you can help me with this decision.
TIA
Tinmanzzz

Aaron Hats

Vendor
Panamabob said:
I second Aaron. You don't want a gummed up Straw that will be too hot, either.

I never said anything about gummed up straw hats. Actually, I never mentioned any specific style, material or brand. What did I do to get on your shite list?

Aaron

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
You aren't on my shite list. Sorry for the confusion.

Two different thoughts.

One, I agree with Aaron. I second what Aaron said. etc.

My thought, independent of the first: You don't want a gummed up Straw that will be too hot.

I can edit it like this.

I agree with Aaron.

Also, I think you don't want a hat with a lot of sizing on it because it will trap the heat.

Actually, I can't edit it. It won't let me.

tinmanzzz

A-List Customer
BOB, chill out before you stroke out!!!!

This whole thing started in the thread “Help needed with panama”
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=19742
When I related my experiences in finding a good looking panama hat. If you will notice, I never mentioned Bob's name, the name of his company or his eBay name.
“Ah, The elusive Panama Hat[/b]…..
I feel that there must be someone out there who, like me, doesn’t own a Super Duper Extra Fino Museum Quality Montecristi Panama Hat. Am I all alone here ??
This was my first year for the Straws. And I first tried a eBay special. Boy was it a mistake. After numerous attempts to reshape the hat I gave up and threw it away.
Next, I read through the archives and ordered a ebay hat from a referred dealer. Once again, no joy this hat was suppose to be a 7 5/8 but fit like a 7 3/8. Plus, it’s brim was too narrow for my taste. AS someone once said, an ebay hat is a ebay hat. My son now wears it.
However, Tenacious isn’t my middle name for nothing. Once again I read all the articles listed here on Panama Hats and decided to order one from a Fedora Lounge vertebral dealer (name withheld to avoid being hauled out and stoned) of Panama hats.
So I ordered a Extra Fino Cuenca Llano Liso Caballero and waited with worms on my tongue (Baited Breath) to get my new hand woven Extra fino hat. And waited. And waited. And after 8 (eight) weeks of patience waiting, I received my Cuenca Brisa Fino with the floppy brim and the following explanation for the difference: “Unfortunately, my idiot brother-in-law sent up a Brisa weave rather than a Llano weave. “ Now don’t get me wrong, It is a “FINE” hat, and as soon as I can find someone to block it and put some body in the brim, I will probably wear it.
After all of this I decided to go back to the basics and buy Brand Name not Dreams. I just received a Stetson center dent panama from Mike the Hatter (4 day total delivery time) and although it’s only a fino grade Cuenca, it look nice…..
http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?image=center2dj7.gif

So before you go to all of this trouble, just remember, nothing is free. And companies like Stetson, Biltmore, Beaver, etc still deliver a wearable hat. And that most people will never know they are not Montecristi.”

I guess it’s like the old Roman Maximum about throwing a rock into a pack of dogs. The hit dog barks first.
If you read the post, I stated it was a “FINE” hat and once properly blocked would wear fine.
As to the eBay purchase, my feed back stated “Great hat for the money” Let me repeat for the money….
Bob, You are the one who has made this an issue about YOU.. PANAMABOB the Hat God.
If I have offended anyone else at the lounge I apologize.
Bob, yours is just an opinion like everyone else. You are not Mr. Black!

Aaron hats, sorry I got you involved in this.

Ps: about the ebay info:
Important Usage Guidelines
1. This contact information should only be used for resolving matters related to eBay. Any other use is strictly prohibited.

2. Use of this information to complete a transaction outside of eBay is not permitted. Items purchased outside of eBay are not eligible for eBay services

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
1. This contact information should only be used for resolving matters
related to eBay. Any other use is strictly prohibited.

You said that you were not happy with the hat you purchased on ebay. You purchased the hat from my wife. You were putting down our hats, though you left a positive feedback and said:
Gret Hat for the money, super fast shipping. Will buy again Seller: ecuador_art ( 69) Mar-31-07 04:25
Authentic Ecuador Panama Hat Diamond Fedora 7 5/8 (#280095954613) -- View Item
That is an ebay matter, no?

You persist in trying to hurt our business. You know very little about Sombreros de Paja Toquilla aka Panama Hats.

No, I'm not Mr. Black and darn proud of it. He has some nice stories though.

Maxim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner