Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

House sitting

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I just wanted to share with everyone that I had a very nice experience with a fellow Lounger house sitting for me for ten days while I was on vacation. I advertised in the Lounge classifieds for a house sitter, and Mr H, from Ireland, immediately responded. The whole complicated operation came off perfectly. Mr H took beautiful care of my home and 3 annoying but lovable kitties.
I musty say, The Lounge is the only place on the internet where I would even imagine doing this. I think that just being here is enough of a character reference to take such a risk. Mr H and I were sort of old pals, having corresponded previously on the subject of his 1941 Buick. I figured anyone who owns a '41 Buick has to be my sort of people.
Anyhow, I just wanted to say that if anyone else out there had similar thoughts, that I for one would recommend it.

Foofoogal

Banned
that is quite wild. Glad it worked out for you both.

I actually had lunch today with someone I met on MySpace. You only hear about the bad meetings online. Very charming lady. It was fun and I may of met a new friend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic