Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOUSTON-US MILITARY GARMENTS?!?-------Who knows about this japanese brand?

Sgt.MikeHorvath

Familiar Face
Hi there,
I've seen several military garments(both ww2 and modern repros) branded HOUSTON searching in the web,but only one truth i've could find is that this is a japanese brand.

Can anyone provide me more informations please?A US or european website which deal this brand?Or when i can buy some stuff?

Here some photos:
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/kawa/c/0000000108/

PS:If possible,every pic or advice about quality are accepted . ;)

Thanks

bentusian

One of the Regulars
Houston is a relatively well-known repro brand for military garments. Maybe not as high-end as other Japanese manufacturers like Real McCoys, they make moderately-priced products of fair quality. Houston became widely known when their repro M-51 parka was featured in a Japanese movie called 'odoru daisosasen'. As far as the M-51 parka is concerned, they tend to run smaller than the originals to accommodate Japanese/Asian fit. I would recommend their M-51, but I'm not quite sure about other lineups.

normanf

One of the Regulars
United Carr by Buzz Ricksons is also worth checking out.

Its a mid-level division of the famed Buzz Ricksons and their clothing line is priced more down to earth.

Go with them if you cannot afford Buzz Ricksons.

Sgt.MikeHorvath

Familiar Face
Thank you guys,;)
but where can i find both United carr and Houston garments?
you know any website(not asian) which sells theme?

normanf

One of the Regulars
Thank you guys,;)
but where can i find both United carr and Houston garments?
you know any website(not asian) which sells theme?

They are Japan-only brands. You can look them up on Rakuten Ichiba. If its a Japan-only store, you're not out of luck. Get a Tenso.com forwarding address and the store will ship it to the virtual forwarding address in Japan you give them for shipping to your country. Japan EMS is fast and reliable. I found sneakers I ordered from Japan took two weeks to arrive from start to finish. You can also use a buying service to order goods and have them shipped to your country.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore