Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Active Are You

Do You Attend Local City Council etc Meetings?

• Yes, often

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, sometimes or infrequently

• No, I don't have the time

• No, It doesn't make any difference.

• Total voters

Dr. Shocker

One of the Regulars
well for myself I am a state lobbyist for Smokers Rights (ducking to avoid insults and flying chairs).....I am also looking at running in my city in the next few years......besides that I have worked on a few boards usually defending people and more importantly land owner rights

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Dr. Shocker said:
well for myself I am a state lobbyist for Smokers Rights (ducking to avoid insults and flying chairs).....I am also looking at running in my city in the next few years......besides that I have worked on a few boards usually defending people and more importantly land owner rights

Key word here is "LANDOWNER" It burns me this high when people think that "tenants" and "the community" has more rights than the guy who owns the land.:rage:

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yeah Linc, how many times have we heard of "tenants" refusing to pay rent and the resultant 6 months needed to get an eviction notice served all the while the slobs are destroying the property.:eusa_doh: Or when the zealots at the EPA bar an owner from selling or developing his land because once about every 5 years rain run off breeds tadpoles of june bugs.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Tried it once - in a local political forum and debate about different local plans. It only took four minutes before I realized, that everything had been delt with beforehand and it was just a scam. Got up and went home. Never to return.

Phil

A-List Customer
I'm with Spitfire. In my town, 90% of hearings, debates, etc... are on items that have already been decided and they're more looking for if there will be major public backlash. Also, since I'm 18, I'm still considered a teenager and not taken as seriosuly.

Twitch said:
Yeah Linc, how many times have we heard of "tenants" refusing to pay rent and the resultant 6 months needed to get an eviction notice served all the while the slobs are destroying the property.:eusa_doh: Or when the zealots at the EPA bar an owner from selling or developing his land because once about every 5 years rain run off breeds tadpoles of june bugs.

Yeah, tell me about it. I have been in both situations. Wonderful ain't it? :rage: :eusa_doh:

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Twitch said:

When former Mayor Shelia Young in San Leandro rammed rent control down our throats here, she did it because some old loud mouthed hags "didn't want to have to leave their homes" Heck, I'd drive the U-Haul out to wherever they had to move just to get such leeches out of town.

And speaking of good for nothing stinking hacks in City Hall, former San Leandro Mayor Dave Karp was on a rampage raising taxes, making fireworks illegal and other anti-property owner shenanigans. All the while the crook pocketed $250,000 in a bank account two blocks from City Hall and "forgot" to claim it on his income taxes. He suddenly died while under criminal indictment for tax evasion and the idiots here in this backward town put an 8 foot picture of him in the main meeting room of the Library to honor the bum. Plus they named a freeway overpass after him.:rage:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy