Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How credible is Biltmore?

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
I've been looking at their site and I find this as a description of the Montecristi weave:

Montecristi Panama: (Ecuador)

Very fine high grade and expensive straw hat handwoven from toquilla on the island of Montecristi.

Now, Montecristi is about 20 or so miles inland. Maybe that iSland was a typo and they meant iNland.

Now they join James Lock on my list of not knowing what in the H they are talking about when it comes to Montecristi hats.

Dylanfan

New in Town
Well they don't know geography, probably not great for a Montecristi either. Their upper end felts, Rosellini and the Grand Beaver are supposed to be good hats.
Regards,
Jeff

Victor

One of the Regulars
That reminds me of a jar of Spirulina plankton that I saw once that said "grown in the pollution free waters of Lake Texcoco Mexico"
Well, for those of you who don't know Mexico city was built in the bed of dry lake Texcoco! If indeed there is water there (and I don't doubt that there may be) it is FAR from "pollution free"!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot