Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Do You Store Your Ties?

Warbaby

One Too Many
Until recently, I never had more than a dozen ties but now that the collection has grown to over 100, I need a way to store them so that they are easily viewable and kept in good condition. How do you other tie junkies deal with this problem?

John Boyer

A-List Customer
Interesting enough, I have this very same problem. Over the years I have accumulated at least 300 ties. And, of course, you rarely "wear-them-out". I deal with this issue in a few way: 1) hanging 3-4 ties with each suit, 2) keeping a few special "cedar tie hangars" fully loaded, in sight and available and 3) using shoe boxes to store the ties that I don't wear very often, for another day. I really don't know what else I/we could do other than to "down-size" which really doesn't interest me at this point. John

Spats McGee

One Too Many
I'm not a tie junkie, but I have my fair share. I use a tie rack that hangs from the closet bar and has about a dozen smaller hooks hooks (for lack of a better descriptor) that stick out on either side of a vertical bar. It's more or less like the one found here.

Max Flash

One of the Regulars
I hang mine using about three or four cedar tie racks that each take 20 ties. They hang from the bar in your closet.

My father has a similar system that you install on the inside of the closet door, so that when you swing open the doors, you can see your ties ranged along the inside. If you have OCD, like me, you can organise them in matching colour groups for easy selection!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn