Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do you take your coffee?

nobodyspecial

Practically Family
Fletch said:
I kid you not. I used to love to take a free period mid-morning and grab a donut and some colored hot water from the clubs who were always selling same on campus. Later an honest to gosh espresso joint opened and I would hang there and drink coffee, do the puzzle in the Daily and/or NY Times and catch up on my class reading.

People think of the Italians and French as coffee crazed, but the Germans and Austrians couldn't function without the stuff and make it pretty well, too. Here in NY the Neue Galerie cafe serves Meinl's coffee from Vienna - very dark roasted, distinctive flavor. Not cheap either!

The movie Sweetland has a great scene about German made coffee versus the Scandinavian version. I highly recommend the movie, it was excellent.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Coffee !!! Yes.

I take my coffee every morning ,strong, but really, really strong :D real coffee, not instant, with a dash of milk. I have a special cup, it's big and I fill it up to the rim. For me there is nothing like good strong coffee to wake up when I start the day! :coffee:

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Most of the time, it's coffee black. I get up and make it every AM - then have about 2 cups before heading to work. If I take a break mid-morning, it's usually across the street to a small local coffee shop for a mocha, no whipped cream thanks.

But my default is simple:black, fresh and strong. :D

pigeon toe

One Too Many
1 thing of cream and a little bit of Splenda. I never order plain coffee at places like Starbucks though, just diner coffee for me. I like it much more.

nobodyspecial

Practically Family
I drink at least one pot of coffee per day. My theory is that if have not had a vision after the first pot you need to make the second pot even stronger. Some people in my office cringe when they see me making a pot of coffee.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
p1010028sn2.jpg

Cream, no sugar. I've been using whole milk rather than half and half lately. Pictured above are some coffees I picked up in travels to Colombia and India. They have since been consumed.

I highly recommend Butter Moon by Lambert's in Memphis. My local roaster is O'Henry's. When I was in Kentucky I bought at Coffee Times.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
nobodyspecial said:
I drink at least one pot of coffee per day. My theory is that if have not had a vision after the first pot you need to make the second pot even stronger. Some people in my office cringe when they see me making a pot of coffee.
When I used to drink my coffee black I'd make it so strong my dad would always say, admiringly, "Ashley's coffee will put hair on your chest!" :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou