Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many Crack Rocks for a 1960s Cal?

Gypsymoth82

A-List Customer
Some lucky Junkie will get to find out after stealing mine out of my car, right out of my driveway!

I'm sure the dealer will appreciate the original zippers and the perfect liner. The thief will likely get a bigger rock due to it being horsehide.

A lot of people will say that society is crumbling in front of our eyes, but I say no! Junkies and thieves are just as susceptible to the TFL effect as the rest of us.

What he doesn't know is that this theft will inevitably lead to many other jacket thefts as he learns about all the great makers and styles out there!!!!

Be careful out there folks!

jadub

A-List Customer
I was going to “like” this post but it didn’t feel right. Then I was going use the angry face but that felt wrong too. Your humor is appreciated but the tale you tell is sad. I’m sorry for your loss. I don’t think I ever leave my jackets unattended but heck out of your car in your driveway. My brother has had the same thing happen (laptop not leather) in rural NH. Just shitty.

Jasonissm

Practically Family
Still in disbelief that this happened... I thought this jacket was gonna be the one for me!!!

Oh man that sucks! You never know though, it may come back to you. I had my truck stolen in 2016, was MIA for 3 months before it was booted on the far south side, full of pizza boxes, cigarette butts and empty shoe boxes (apparently the thieves were selling stolen shoes out of it). But I did get it back and State Farm put $10K into repairing it.

Observe

One Too Many
I never leave anything whatsoever visible in my vehicle for this reason. The temptation for the opportunistic smash and grab thief is too great.

I had a very specific piece of equipment stolen in Arizona. It took 2 years of searching Offer Up, Craigslist, and ebay but I finally tracked it down. Seller was 6 miles from where it was "liberated" from me. :mad:

Al 916

One Too Many
I had a very specific piece of equipment stolen in Arizona. It took 2 years of searching Offer Up, Craigslist, and ebay but I finally tracked it down. Seller was 6 miles from where it was "liberated" from me. :mad:
Over here we need shotgun licences...
When I was a kid we dealt with this sort of stuff (stolen bikes) in our own way.

edit: Obviously....that was very very incorrect....

Gypsymoth82

A-List Customer
So I made a police report, posted a rant with pictures on the Ottawa reddit, called the vintage shops, and am watching the websites. I've also made a few "patrols" in my hood on my motorcycle.....which I've realized is utter madness really. It's either downtown somewhere, or or heading to a sea-can full of other stolen shit in the port of Montreal.

@Leigh H no not the one that's still at Cal Leathers....that is proving to be an interesting situation in and of itself. This was my first one, which was super nice but wasn't a great fit for me; and was on its way to Jason. Got nabbed out of my car. I swear to God it's like ******* I am Legend out here at night.; you really have to batten down the hatches. I'm beginning to understand the American idea of "Home Defence". Second time in six months man, I'm ready to set up claymores.

jeo

One Too Many
That sucks, I'm sorry to hear that.

I can't even leave change in my car here in Philly. It's rough out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo