Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Many Fedoras did you see today?

Hi All

Spotted a Fedora and a Straw today on the AC boardwalk.

The Movie J.Egdar today. Plenty of fedoras and straws. The movie was so so, the hats were super.

Best regards
CCJ

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yesterday in the Rosslyn section of Arlington, Virginia, I saw a guy on the street in a suit and a modern Open Road. The hat worked on him, so I said, nice hat. He sounded like he was from Texas, and we talked a little about Open Roads. I gave him the name of this site.

Phineas Lamour

Practically Family
I actually saw a guy at Kroger with a black fedora today. Felt with a stingy brim turned up all the way around. Probably in his late 40s. Definitely not a cloth hipster bucket hat from wal-mart. I usually only see baseball caps and western hats around here. Its funny I was wearing a fedora earlier in the day to a meeting but at Kroger I was wearing a flat cap. There were almost two guys in fedoras at Kroger.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday - fabric fedora wearing guest at the wedding we photographed. First I've seen in ages.

fed-dude-L.jpg

Dan Allen

A-List Customer
I saw an elderly Asian gentleman yesterday at a thrift store wearing a nice stingy brim. It looked like a high end fur. I stopped to talk to him and quickly realized that he and I didn't speak the same language. I smiled, tipped my hat to him and walked on. I glanced back and saw him looking at me with a confused look (crazy Americans).

MrAcheson

New in Town
By coworker across the hall wore a brown Lite Felt packable yesterday. He brought it in to show me since he's seen me wearing my Sydney around.

CPT/VSG

Familiar Face
After spending three days strolling around downtown Chicago, I was disappointed at a relatively few fedoras, mostly of the inexpensive wool
variety. However, I crossed paths with one impeccably dressed gentleman with what had to be a beautiful custom bowler. He spied my Black Sheep and we spontaneously tipped our hats to each other.

I found myself with time to kill today in the Fremont District of Seattle, which is something of a "hip" locale, so it came as no surprise that fedoras, mostly short-brimmed ones, were sufficiently plentiful that I paid them little particular notice. How many, then, if I had to guess? A dozen or more, I suppose, over the span of a couple of hours on a busy Saturday afternoon. But that's a dozen (or more) out of hundreds of adult males, so it's still a low single-digit percentage.

ottawa_adam

One of the Regulars
I'm starting to see more and more around here. Although most are department store fashion hats, I see maybe 3-5 proper felt hats. It's inspiring to see more men wearing hats.

lewisskimonster

Familiar Face
Greetings.

Was out at at a bar in Tacoma last night and probably saw 4 or 5 people with well worn fedoras on, not including myself. Its nice to see others sporting something other than a baseball cap!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy