Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Many Fedoras did you see today?

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's just like Washington, D.C. The principal hat I've seen here in the downtown area over the past five-ten years has been the green wool outback hat. Although it's better than no hat, I find it incongruous--the jungle explorer in a trench coat with a briefcase going to a meeting. Somehow the wearers feel a "permission" to wear that style that they don't with men's dress hat style. They probably think that men's dress hats are too affected, or possibly too flashy for them to try. They will continue to think that until they see other men wearing men's dress hats. Then the copycat effect, which encompasses us all, may take over.

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
That´s absolutely true! And then there is the problem to find a hat that´s not an outback hat. Not that easy today if you´re not in the "szene" like us and don´t want to wear a silly plastic stingy...

danofarlington

Right. But everyone has the Internet. Too bad about the lack of actual physical hat stores. However, even when they are there, I have found they don't necessarily stock with men's dress hats that appeal to me. So the Internet it is.

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
Yes, in theory! People ask me ever so often "where did you get this and where did you get that" and I say to them "come on, Google is your friend". But it is of no use, they are reluctant to buy from abroad or buy over the internet. I have absolutetly no idea what people do with their internet access... :eusa_doh:

Hi All

I spotted a dapper gentleman wearing a super nice Homburg. The gentleman was in his eighties and he was walking hand in hand with his lady companion and he was looking dapper and proud.
I smiled and felt good.
Best regards
CCJ

1961MJS

Hi

I saw a college age couple both wearing stingy brimmed Fedoras shopping in Walmart. I was wearing my Charcoal Seattle Hat from Tony B. I think they were HIPSTERS!!! Alert James!!!!

Later

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Counting my own, today, uh . . . one.

Yesterday, though, I spotted a middle-aged fellow in a tan "outback" style, brim down both fore and aft, with a dark leather-looking band on it. So then, with me, that's . . . two.

One of my coworkers occasionally sports a tiny-brimmed hipster style. He's 30, so we can make allowances, but I've been trying to get him to check out FL. (He's already a big fan of Meyer the Hatter downtown, so maybe there's hope.)

slc

Familiar Face
Today was a good hat day. I saw about a dozen proper hats at the Symphony of Southeast Texas Christmas concert: a homburg, and several non-stingy fedoras, but none as fine as my Black Sheep Hat Works Shadowhawk.

One Too Many
DSC_7585_zpscc841331.jpg

Brother in law, nephew and my Dad, yesterday with my son in his festivity wedding .....

fenris

One of the Regulars
Saw 5 fedoras just now... All on waiters at a local bar named, Bugsy's. Hehehe.

As for customers, I'm the only one wearing one... My FedIV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot