Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Many Fedoras did you see today?

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A surprising amount yesterday on campus. Two fedoras (probably wool), 3 faculty wearing Outback-style felts, two Westerns (3 including mine). My favorite sighting, however, was the flatbrim gaucho I saw a Hispanic professor wearing as she left the Anthropology department.

Monte

A-List Customer
I see westerns daily, albeit in fewer numbers than the past.
The youngsters are wearing cloth trilbies from Walmart. Not sure if I've seen a 30ish year old man wearing a felt other than with a gangster costume.

C44Antelope

One of the Regulars
Went out for supper on Thursday night and there was another one in the dining room with us. He didn't take his off to eat, which seemed to be contrary to the way I was raised, but to each his own. I know there was at least one more in the restaurant. The adjacent meeting room was hosting the local Rotary meeting. I had passed one of our local doctors on the road and he was wearing his ever-present black fedora. He is a member in good standing - so I can rest assured there were at least three in the building.

MCrider

A-List Customer
On Saturday I stopped after work at Barnes and Noble. While looking down the various rows of books, this young man in either his late teens or maybe early 20's came around the corner wearing a fez. You could've knocked me over with a feather. His clothing was typical for his age, but a fez? This was the first one I've ever seen worn in the states. When I was in Turkey I had seen a couple but this was a first here. The one thing I would say was that he was wearing it well, like it belonged on his head. I was wearing my Moonstone Akubra Federation by the way.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Saw one at the local grocery store today. Looked like one of the nicer DP Indy felts. Out looked ok though with the tweed jacket. Older guy.

Sprinkles

One of the Regulars
A FEZ! Now that is something! But if you wear it with pride then it's all good if you ask me!

On Saturday I stopped after work at Barnes and Noble. While looking down the various rows of books, this young man in either his late teens or maybe early 20's came around the corner wearing a fez. You could've knocked me over with a feather. His clothing was typical for his age, but a fez? This was the first one I've ever seen worn in the states. When I was in Turkey I had seen a couple but this was a first here. The one thing I would say was that he was wearing it well, like it belonged on his head. I was wearing my Moonstone Akubra Federation by the way.

Rider

Familiar Face
Today I had my best Fedora sighting ever! I was to be interviewed by a print journalist about the opening of a new business. When I answered the door, there he stood in his Fedora with a large "PRESS" pass stuck in the side of his hat band. Very vintage! :eusa_clap

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Spotted a middle-aged fellow who looked like a slimmer version of George Costanza in the student center of the college next door. He doffed his fairly stingy-brimmed dark fedora as he got into the elevator, and the light bouncing off his dome cemented his relationship to George.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy