Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Now I want one even more... Good to hear it's this comfortable. I could definitely use one at work. I think M should work for me, too. But this one fits you really nice, in any case!

I think you might even fit a small! I have a couple M and although the bottom hem is perfect, the shoulders are definitely on the wide side. Seeing how M fits Ton, who is a bit bigger than me, and how it fits me, i would try S first.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Just cleaning up this Cal leather, my first. Probably a 40. The wear around the tab collar is about all the wear, lining is surprisingly nice.
b728c92b4008a35fbf4e1826c26dc4ce.jpg
0f9479307c9820837eddfcca98defab4.jpg

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

CL straight zip po-po jacket arrived a few days ago. Measurements on eBay a bit off so very tight on me, though I can zip it. Probably wear it unzipped to hang out. Some minor repairs I will need to have done but nothing pressing. I can’t say enough about the leather. It was stiff when it arrived but two coats of hide rejuvenator and this puppy is nice, soft, thick and a joy to look at. I hope the pics do it justice, probably not.

2CF6130B-4916-4501-B38C-36B24661BB33.jpeg 5A9DB9EA-1198-4113-8F28-03E9A9AEB064.jpeg EDE7E2D6-B2A5-4CB8-9D5F-EF7990C53CB7.jpeg EAAE5B1C-02F9-4FF7-9F3D-88444CA1B89A.jpeg AB8C1FE9-C779-40E5-AE17-34889F4528C6.jpeg 88AD7EF0-E673-47B5-93F2-8231693CDDA2.jpeg

Inner tag says Louis the Tailor, Inc. out of Montebello CA. Looks like a major police uniform retailer established in 1956. Not around now but they were as recently as 1987. Definitely a CL, no question, down to the mouton in the sleeves and the other tell-tale signs. Got it for great price, way too little- do not think seller knew what he had. I may send it to JL to have them build me one exactly like it in my size.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Nice!, what size is it? I seen that maker before. Looks to be in very nice condition. I really like police jacket, I just sold a Taubers police jacket and bought another.

Nice!, what size is it? I seen that maker before. Looks to be in very nice condition. I really like police jacket, I just sold a Taubers police jacket and bought another.

The P2P turned out to be a bit more than 21 after the seller measured 23. Other than missing stitches in a sleeve seam by the wrist and where the collar is attached to the back panel, it’s just normal wear for a jacket this age. Though at those two points there is the beginning of separation. Nothing pressing since I won’t/can’t ride in this but it will be fixed at some point. And a small tear in lining, but even that is pretty good. No smells, which is my serious pet peeve. The leather looks great. Seller did accurately report the issues.

I really like it too. Enough to have JL build one or purchase the LW version.

Edward

Bartender
Can never trust ebay measurements. I gave up on buying jackets from ebay (unless I know the brand and know the sizing, and it's consistent....) after one too many returns / resales because of the number of idiots who think that label size = chest measurement....

Looks plenty solid, though. Would make a nice bike jacket (which is, of course, it's design purpose, but...).

Can never trust ebay measurements. I gave up on buying jackets from ebay (unless I know the brand and know the sizing, and it's consistent....) after one too many returns / resales because of the number of idiots who think that label size = chest measurement....

Looks plenty solid, though. Would make a nice bike jacket (which is, of course, it's design purpose, but...).

Yeah, I wish it were a bit bigger but I have plenty of riding jackets. I will use this one to be the “poseur” at the bar lol or to wear out and about. I just really like it.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
The P2P turned out to be a bit more than 21 after the seller measured 23. Other than missing stitches in a sleeve seam by the wrist and where the collar is attached to the back panel, it’s just normal wear for a jacket this age. Though at those two points there is the beginning of separation. Nothing pressing since I won’t/can’t ride in this but it will be fixed at some point. And a small tear in lining, but even that is pretty good. No smells, which is my serious pet peeve. The leather looks great. Seller did accurately report the issues.

I really like it too. Enough to have JL build one or purchase the LW version.

Makes you wonder how people screw up measuring that bad!
I just got a jacket that was supposed to have a 20.75" bottom hem, which is actually 22.5"...
I could understand messing up 0.5", but how do you mess up by two inches?

Gamma68

One Too Many
Some folks may not be too jazzed about this latest acquisition, but I'm pretty stoked about my new (to me) 1970s Lesco.

The sunlight was probably too harsh to properly photograph the cool AF brown/black coloring on the steerhide. It's a really nice effect. I tried to capture this in the last photo.

I dig the side snaps and zip adjusters. These may be more of a design element than actually functional for riding. The interior is clean as a whistle, even the cheap zip-in pile lining feels surprisingly brand new.

I have to say I wasn't very impressed with the leather quality on my previous tan Lesco CR (since sold). But this one is really nice--substantial, yet soft. Thicker than my Kehoe. Thicker and much nicer than my Brooks gold label.

The two hand warmer pockets and single interior pocket are nicely lined with thick two-tone cotton. My only beef is the hand warmer pockets are very shallow. You can maybe fit 3/4 of your hand inside. The interior pocket is deeper.

There were some areas on the leather that initially appeared stained, but cleaned up perfectly with a light wipe down with water/Ivory soap mix. Honestly, I don't get why some sellers choose not to wipe dirt off a jacket before listing it for sale.

My limited experience tells me Lesco quality might be hit-or-miss. But when done well, they hit it out of the park.

Oh, and the fit is spot-on.

IMG_1583.JPG

IMG_1555.JPG

IMG_1557.JPG

IMG_1567.JPG

IMG_1571.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1565.JPG
    IMG_1565.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 102
Some folks may not be too jazzed about this latest acquisition, but I'm pretty stoked about my new (to me) 1970s Lesco.

The sunlight was probably too harsh to properly photograph the cool AF brown/black coloring on the steerhide. It's a really nice effect. I tried to capture this in the last photo.

I dig the side snaps and zip adjusters. These may be more of a design element than actually functional for riding. The interior is clean as a whistle, even the cheap zip-in pile lining feels surprisingly brand new.

I have to say I wasn't very impressed with the leather quality on my previous tan Lesco CR (since sold). But this one is really nice--substantial, yet soft. Thicker than my Kehoe. Thicker and much nicer than my Brooks gold label.

The two hand warmer pockets and single interior pocket are nicely lined with thick two-tone cotton. My only beef is the hand warmer pockets are very shallow. You can maybe fit 3/4 of your hand inside. The interior pocket is deeper.

There were some areas on the leather that initially appeared stained, but cleaned up perfectly with a light wipe down with water/Ivory soap mix. Honestly, I don't get why some sellers choose not to wipe dirt off a jacket before listing it for sale.

My limited experience tells me Lesco quality might be hit-or-miss. But when done well, they hit it out of the park.

View attachment 132373
View attachment 132368
View attachment 132369
View attachment 132371
View attachment 132372
Great CR pattern there! Lesco brown is amazing!!!

View attachment 132373
View attachment 132368
View attachment 132369
View attachment 132371
View attachment 132372

I am impressed. Lesco's are known for wonderful brown leather. They're good jackets and yeah, this one looks heavy!

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 132373
View attachment 132368
View attachment 132369
View attachment 132371
View attachment 132372

That looks really great Nicer than Brooks gold label? I’m going to keep an eye out for a 48.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gamma68

One Too Many
That looks really great Nicer than Brooks gold label? I’m going to keep an eye out for a 48.

I find this particular Lesco to have a heavier, more substantial hide than my Brooks gold label. Fairly soft, too. But like I said, my last Lesco (tan, distressed) didn't have as nice of a hand. So there may be variances within the Lesco line but it may be a true sleeper brand. My experience with these brands is limited.

The steerhide on my Kehoe is much lighter but it's really special. Nicely broken in and a soft, comfortable hand. The steerhide on my Taubers is top-notch too but in a different way--thick, beefy, muscular. I'd say this Lesco falls between the Brooks and the Kehoe/Taubers.

From a design standpoint, I prefer the Brooks over the Lesco (which is throughly 1970s).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav