Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
^^Now that's a treat that will be waiting at your door!! :)

Just an offhand question for you, Butte, Nick, and many others -- how do you all in California manage to wear these jackets? Seems the season would be rather short...
Living in the Sun Belt, for my part everything I own is either mid-weight horsehide or goatskin, all lined with incredibly durable cotton drill throughout. The only cold weather coat I have is a brown FQHH Teamster with moleskin body shell lining and cotton drill sleeves. The only jacket I own with a mouton collar is my USN G-l.

probably not a huge shocker here:
IMG_5826.PNG

I tried (failed) to resist
View attachment 84547
Hopefully arriving late next week or the following. Also hopeful the softer hide will be more tolerable than the z-150.

Last edited:
This is the Vanson being sold by Thurston Brothers, right? I like it quite a bit. I really like the brown cowhide and I like the fact that it has two handpockets.
Indeed. The brown appeals to me as well. Looks softer than the. Lack one which is important in such a slim fitting jacket. I'll update my old Gambler post when it arrives!

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 84543
Hopefully arriving late next week or the following. Also hopeful the softer hide will be more tolerable than the z-150.

What's this one made from? I am so tempted to try this in comp weight brown, but I already have an ELMC Windward, which is basically the same thing. If I win the lottery...

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
What's this one made from? I am so tempted to try this in comp weight brown, but I already have an ELMC Windward, which is basically the same thing. If I win the lottery...

The ELMC Windward is pretty sweet. Looks like a easy wearing HH.

Woodyear

Familiar Face
View attachment 84543
View attachment 84547

Ton I have a vanson vaj-3 city jacket in z-150 that is my dedicated bike jacket. I literally had to beat the shit out of it for 3 straight days with a baseball bat on my bed and then wear it in the house and to work for weeks before it wouldn't stand up on its own. Quite a few hours it's logged on the bike now and it's still stiff around the areas where there are zippers as the zips have like 8 layers of folded z-150 in some places, but not unreasonably so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav