Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Picked up two sale GB from the GB store in El Cajon. $399 for a veg goat historical A2! & $300 for an Indy. Their M422a is also on sale

dubpynchon

One Too Many
Soon to be jacket ow yeah
t9Qj1tG.jpg

Please god deliver us from ketchup stain
J9SDRwp.jpg

Finished doodling my ideas, went to printershop, and drove to the tailor to order my final leather jacket ( i can think off for now) it is assymetrical to the last bits, and would look like pink pig when new and has a band collar, and lots more of top contrast stitching when the jacket is new (dark tan thread)... combination of elements i usually avoid, but now i will have it all in one, who would have thought.
That looks great, I wish I could design a jacket but having no talent in design or drawing whatsoever is a bit of a hindrance.

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
I grabbed this faux-leather X-Men "Wolverine: Origins" jacket off Amazon. After all discounts I ended up paying only about $30 for it, but even at the standard $40 price, the jacket is a great buy for the money. I'm about 5'10" and 190 lbs with a tall torso and short arms, and I bought in an XXL as some reviews suggested purchasing a size up from your normal size. The fit is PERFECT! Seriously, for the money, I did not expect to like this jacket as much as I do. Cuffs stop short just below the wrist, and the length stops right at my belt as it should. Don't get me wrong, the jacket is OBVIOUSLY not leather, but in this modern fashion world, so many people are walking around with pleather and other faux leather products, nobody's really going to notice unless they're into real leather jackets like most of us here are. The slit pockets on the breasts of the jacket are pretty useless, but seeing as they're never shown to be used in the movies either, I've always assumed they're meant to be cosmetic anyway. There are no handwarmer pockets, true to the movie jacket as well. In all, coming from somebody who was skeptical about buying a $40 faux leather Wolverine jacket on Amazon, I am completely won over.

msbXlCi.png

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
That looks great, I wish I could design a jacket but having no talent in design or drawing whatsoever is a bit of a hindrance.

Yes,
I had to make a small square pillow once in home economics class back in junior high. I failed miserably, and I’m sure any attempt at designing a jacket would be an equally spectacular failure
Thanks, i dont consider myself talented honestly in drawing, i read comic book and desperately need to learn how to draw as kid, but my drawing is nowhere as artistic as an artistic person would, but i have been doing it for awhile, it is a form of language, helps a lot to explain things a lot clearer. If your hand drawing is not trained, then you can always use ruller, curved ruller, to help you with, use mathbook paper with square lines or dotted paper might help alot, computer software that you can just draw half body with aided tools and copy and flip it to the other side also an alternative, or modifiying photos also a possibility

For sometime i like doing papercraft, downloading template of a car and print, cut and glue them into shape, i believe it helps me now with better imagination of how a 3d object takes shape from flat panels. At least the rough idea of it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters