Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

After some internal debate, discussion with some fellow TLFers, and an embarrassingly high number of requests for the seller to send pictures, measurements and find a tag label for me (she was patient and super cool...and judging by the photos in her ad, easy on the eyes), a pristine Fidelity IR in Horsehide is heading my way. Red lining, little owl on the Fidelity label. I’ve seen the label only one other time, and it was torn up.

PS: I hope it fits. Tagged 44. Fingers crossed.

TG3

One of the Regulars
Why do I have a feeling this has @Marc mndt name all over it and will soon be in his shopping cart? :)
Screenshot_20210329-203117_Instagram.jpg

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
to small and I think to short. very nice though. pretty bummed out expensive mistake
Personally, I think the length is spot on. These jackets should have relatively short body lengths by design imo.

Perfect length :

95C59FBC-4E0F-4C7B-8143-6C3E1D1500D2.jpeg

Too long:

3F53F324-B3D9-4FE9-823A-15B3311CAFFC.jpeg

What's wrong with how the jacket fits you is that it's way too wide.

The shoulders are slightly droopy plus there's a huge overhang at your waist.

F060DF75-4C45-4950-9DD8-0247CF7F1A90.jpeg

For your physique, a strong V-shaped pattern would be perfect. Your Aero is exactly the opposite.

Thedi's cossacks like the one below are very much V-shaped.

86D9E611-DC77-4DD8-AC24-A7CFFB2BAE7D.jpeg

Thurston Bros carrie (pun intended) Thedi cossacks in stock so you could just order one and see whether or not you like it. If not, just send it back. Also, no waiting time :)

https://www.thurston-bros.com/colle...n-up-shawl-collar-jacket-size-l-brown-cowhide

Attachments

• upload_2021-3-30_8-1-42.jpeg
    upload_2021-3-30_8-1-42.jpeg
    27.8 KB · Views: 491

Mister Rivets

One of the Regulars
Personally, I think the length is spot on. These jackets should have relatively short body lengths by design imo.

Perfect length :

View attachment 322633

Too long:

View attachment 322634

View attachment 322635

For your physique, a strong V-shaped pattern would be perfect. Your Aero is exactly the opposite.

View attachment 322637

Thurston Bros carrie (pun intended) Thedi cossacks in stock so you could just order one and see whether or not you like it. If not, just send it back. Also, no waiting time :)

https://www.thurston-bros.com/colle...n-up-shawl-collar-jacket-size-l-brown-cowhide

I had no idea about the other brands avaialb

Perfect length :

View attachment 322633

Too long:

View attachment 322634

View attachment 322635

View attachment 322637

Thanks. I totally blew it.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up

Aeros are great jackets and yours is too. But not every Aero is suited for each body type. I don't think YOU blew it. Maybe you just weren't given proper advice.

Usually I don't point out things that are wrong or could be improved upon like I did with your jacket (unless I'm explicitly asked to do so). So please forgive me for being this straight forward. I just don't think this Aeromarine pattern will ever be a good fit for you. Not with layering nor with a few minor adjustment here or there.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
@Mister Rivets the length is actually not bad. Those jackets should fit short. It's just way too wide on you. You actually would have needed a 36 or probably just a different pattern altogether. I think even a 36 would be too wide in the waist for you

Definitely not too small, if anything it's one size too big.
Maybe you are experiencing the "too small and too big at the same time Aero fit" that i usually experience.

Same as my Lee trucker right now... I don't know what to do with it but it looks so stupid on me. It's short yet wide. Aaah...

Tom71

Call Me a Cab

Hm, I am going slightly against the mainstream, here. I think, you should give it some time to relax to your physique. It doesn´t look way off to my eye, and once the leather breaks in, nobody outside our bubble will see anything wrong with it.

The other thing is personal preferences. Aero´s Aquamarine isn´t an athletic cut at all without any taper from shoulder to hem. I quite like how it looks on you, but that´s for you to decide. As Marc pointed out, Thedi makes a very nice Shawl Collar Jacket, but certainly even more pricey than Aero.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
As Marc pointed out, Thedi makes a very nice Shawl Collar Jacket, but certainly even more pricey than Aero.

That's certainly the case for European buyers, but for Americans pricing is different.

You can buy a stock Thedi cossack from Thurston for $1250. A stock Aeromarine costs $1100.

I'd call that same price range. Yet I place Thedi above Aero in terms of construction quality and attention to detail.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
I'm starting to think I don't like buying leather jackets. I like having them, I like searching for them, I like looking at them. I don't know how you guys handle the stress of waiting for a package to be delivered, but I'm refreshing the package tracker 20 times a day currently. Even worse, it is being delivered in Europe by national post operators which means I can only see that it left Spain five days ago but has not arrived in Sweden yet. I have no idea where it currently is or if it is even close to being delivered.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
That's certainly the case for European buyers, but for Americans pricing is different.

You can buy a stock Thedi cossack from Thurston for $1250. A stock Aeromarine costs $1100.

I'd call that same price range. Yet I place Thedi above Aero in terms of construction quality and attention to detail.

Absolutely true. I was comparing pre-Brexit prices. Even for us, the world is a different place now. Thanks, Marc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats