Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

I've just doing a little drum roll, a little Drama. It is one of the few I've seen that I may be able to wear . Not only in size but design , so no birds.
I had a Suede and leather combo EW that I was this close to getting, by the time I got the digits it had sold:
1705679875977.png

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I had a Suede and leather combo EW that I was this close to getting, by the time I got the digits it had sold:
View attachment 581611

I guess my drum roll is over! I just wanted to do better pics. This is what I bought. 22.5 chest, 17.5 shoulder are small, length 24. Probably have to wear it bare chested and grow my hair longer!

s-l1600 (92).png
s-l1600 (93).png
s-l1600 (97).png
s-l1600 (95).png
s-l1600 (96).png
s-l1600 (94).png

I guess my drum roll is over! I just wanted to do better pics. This is what I bought. 22.5 chest, 17.5 shoulder are small, length 24. Probably have to wear it bare chested and grow my hair longer!

View attachment 581617 View attachment 581618 View attachment 581619 View attachment 581620 View attachment 581621 View attachment 581622
That looks just like the one I was after! The numbers I got were similar, I was actually relieved it sold b/c I didn't want to risk the fit. It would've been too small. And for me, way too short:
IMG_8301.jpeg

I’ve been hunting an EW for a good long while. Always running in the background. Looking forward to see how yours turns out!

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
That looks just like the one I was after! The numbers I got were similar, I was actually relieved it sold b/c I didn't want to risk the fit. It would've been too small. And for me, way too short:
View attachment 581623
I’ve been hunting an EW for a good long while. Always running in the background. Looking forward to see how yours turns out!
There is a suede like this on ebay now. Smaller than the one I bought. I could have easily worn these jackets in 1970 when I was a skinny 150 pounds!

This Western style is probably one of their more common models although I see mostly wild colors and designs for sale. They look like art, but not the art I would wear.

East West are the Ultimate 70s jacket.

I had never researched the company, always curious of the name. This website gives a inside look at the operation. It was after reading this I made my mind up.

I lived during these times and I remember.

http://www.eastwestmusicalinstrumentsco.com/

There is a suede like this on ebay now. Smaller than the one I bought. I could have easily worn these jackets in 1970 when I was a skinny 150 pounds!

This Western style is probably one of their more common models although I see mostly wild colors and designs for sale. They look like art, but not the art I would wear.

East West are the Ultimate 70s jacket.

I had never researched the company, always curious of the name. This website gives a inside look at the operation. It was after reading this I made my mind up.

I lived during these times and I remember.

http://www.eastwestmusicalinstrumentsco.com/
EW definitely gets all the glory and it’s deserved. Some of the more subdued styles from the 70’s are great too:
IMG_8303.jpeg
IMG_8304.jpeg

These styles that were made by quality makers are actually harder to find than the golden age stuff. In a similar way, they are more abundant in small sizes.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
EW definitely gets all the glory and it’s deserved. Some of the more subdued styles from the 70’s are great too:
View attachment 581663 View attachment 581664
These styles that were made by quality makers are actually harder to find than the golden age stuff. In a similar way, they are more abundant in small sizes.
You have to read that blog post. It is a very interesting story About the founder and the workers not so much about all the jackets. The initials are clear on my tag, probably identifies to people who made it. I will do more follow-up when I get to jacket. I would think there's a club out there That I want to join.

The jacket brings back a lot of memories for me from that time.

TLW '90

Practically Family
I just scored this early 50's I believe Woolrich hunting coat off Ebay.
s-l400.jpg

I've had an itch for some red shadow plaid for awhile now and have especially wanted one of these.
I have plenty of standard red and black buffalo check, 3 jackets and a vest but no shadow plaid.

I can't get the original listing to pop back up to get the other pictures, but the lining is in excellent condition as is the whole piece overall.

The seller thinks one of the game pocket buttons may have been replaced because it's a slightly lighter shade, but it could have just faded somehow.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Like many, I'd placed an order in Aero's anniversary discount sale last year, but I had been holding out for Pinnacle to be available; I'm glad I did, because in the time that took, I came to realize that a shearling jacket was a much bigger 'gap' for me and had them switch my order to an Irvin, in merino sheepskin. It's in the cutting stage now.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Two more 30s/40s (probably both 40s) wool sports jackets on their way to me. Both thanks to this forum in some way.

Green one is Sportclad and the red/black is Montgomery Ward.

the Sportclad was posted in finds and deals by Shivman and Jeo tagged me in time for me to grab it. The MW was listed by Nacho and Ton suggested he dm me.

The fact that in both cases, someone from this forum who knows what I like tagged me so I could grab 2 incredible and unique jackets that will likely never be posted again really means a lot to me. You guys are enablers in the best way possible and I really appreciate it.

For some reason, I can't tag anyone I want to. Sorry about that.

Ive seen plenty of other examples of loungers trying to help other loungers get great jackets and it definitely demonstrates partly why this olace is so great. Marc is another guy i need to shout out for giving me heads up on some cool jackets as well. Thanks everyone!

m19685767228_7.jpg

m19685767228_1.jpg
m19685767228_4.jpg
tempImagel6bBZi.jpg
tempImageu0W0X4.jpg

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Happy to oblige! This jacket is straight up bitchin! I love it. Hard to capture the color. It’s super dark plum. I want one dammit!
View attachment 582419 View attachment 582420 View attachment 582421 View attachment 582422 View attachment 582423
I know this is not the Peter's people were expecting but I think it's cool nonetheless.

My goal is to have a collection that's as diversified as possible. Not just '50s mc jackets, not just '40s halbelts. I didn't have a hippie jacket yet, this one scratches that itch. Until I find a nice East West Musical Instruments size XXL :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic