Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Just made a deal for my second attempt at a Sportser that might fit. Assuming it's been unaltered or destroyed by the previous owner.

s-l1600.png

Viking752

Practically Family

TLW '90

Practically Family
Well since the diamond Gusset work jacket I ordered was a bust I went looking online for something else and came up empty.

Anyways long story short if it ain't broke don't fix it so I went on Ebay and found an unissued USN utility jacket to replace my old one .

Last edited:

jeo

One Too Many
Sweet. That collar is perfect. How does it compare to SC? Any subtle differences?

These are both the later non wool liner versions of the Kurland and the Sportclad. There definitely are some subtle differences.

Here’s the Kurland.

IMG_8056.jpeg
IMG_8063.jpeg

Here’s the Sportclad

IMG_8064.jpeg
IMG_8069.jpeg

Kurland epaulets are longer.

IMG_8061.jpeg

Sportclad epaulets are shorter.

IMG_8067.jpeg

The Kurland has snaps and buttons for a mouton collar. See back picture.

IMG_8071.jpeg

The Sportclad does not.

IMG_8072.jpeg

Buckles are the same, inner pocket is the same. Sleeve zips are the same with a double stitch. The horsehide on both of these is super nice.

Last edited:
Two more ordered.
This one, but with a collar also made of roughout and other buttons.

View attachment 601033

And this one, but in brown.
View attachment 601034
So it's safe to say you are onboard with the brand! How would you compare them to 5 Star? I can see that they definately look better but I have found, given the benefit of decent pics, 5 Star can photo better than what it is. If these weren't made in Pakistan I would be all over them. As sad as it is to say I just can't get past that. PTSD I guess. I also think the snaps she used on the Buco should have been used on the trucker, she could have spared the embarassment of those Amazon grade buttons.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
So it's safe to say you are onboard with the brand! How would you compare them to 5 Star? I can see that they definately look better but I have found, given the benefit of decent pics, 5 Star can photo better than what it is. If these weren't made in Pakistan I would be all over them. As sad as it is to say I just can't get past that. PTSD I guess. I also think the snaps she used on the Buco should have been used on the trucker, she could have spared the embarassment of those Amazon grade buttons.
I think it's much better than 5*
The leather is thick and even, the sleeves have curves ;-)
The pattern fits me well. I hate to say it, but I think this is currently my most comfortable jacket (not that the others are particularly uncomfortable, but the stiffer leather takes its toll of course)
And no, of course it's not an aero. It may be the initial euphoria, but at the moment the Trucker is my grab and go jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner