Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I managed to snag this one today, I believe this may be a Bates?
The leather itself made me want to check it out.

1712890967611.png

jeo

One Too Many
Had these two guys waiting for me after my LA trip. Got them both for absolute steals!

First is a late 40’s Beck 444 in perfect mint condition. Couldn’t believe it when I saw this. Luckily for me it had a BIN that’s super cheap for a jacket this rare and in this condition. Measurements were way off but it didn’t even matter. As luck has it, it’s a perfect fit.

IMG_8916.jpeg
IMG_8921.jpeg
IMG_8922.jpeg
IMG_8920.jpeg

IMG_8955.jpeg

Next up is a super rare late 40’s Lewis of LA CHP jacket. It went under the radar on eBay, has some condition issues but it was dirt cheap. It’s a 40-42 and big on me so no fit pics for this one. Bought from the grandson of the original owner whose name is on the jacket and was a patrolman. The few other Lewis jackets I’ve seen also have the wool liner under the rayon which is super cool.

IMG_8911.jpeg
IMG_8914.jpeg
IMG_8915.jpeg

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Had these two guys waiting for me after my LA trip. Got them both for absolute steals!

First is a late 40’s Beck 444 in perfect mint condition. Couldn’t believe it when I saw this. Luckily for me it had a BIN that’s super cheap for a jacket this rare and in this condition. Measurements were way off but it didn’t even matter. As luck has it, it’s a perfect fit.

View attachment 607460 View attachment 607461 View attachment 607462 View attachment 607463
View attachment 607459

Next up is a super rare late 40’s Lewis of LA CHP jacket. It went under the radar on eBay, has some condition issues but it was dirt cheap. It’s a 40-42 and big on me so no fit pics for this one. Bought from the grandson of the original owner whose name is on the jacket and was a patrolman. The few other Lewis jackets I’ve seen also have the wool liner under the rayon which is super cool.

View attachment 607464 View attachment 607465 View attachment 607466

Those are beautiful jackets. The Lewis looks like a Californian to me. That black lining is in one of my bullet proof Californian heavy duty motorcycle police jacket.

Reactions: jeo

jeo

One Too Many
Those are beautiful jackets. The Lewis looks like a Californian to me. That black lining is in one of my bullet proof Californian heavy duty motorcycle police jacket.
Thank you! Lewis was based in LA just like California Sportswear so it makes sense there are similarities. Another similarity to the Californian jackets is the double stitch around the hand warmer pockets.

KBlake

One Too Many

View attachment 607460 View attachment 607461 View attachment 607462 View attachment 607463
View attachment 607459

View attachment 607464 View attachment 607465 View attachment 607466
The fit looks good despite the measurements. Don’t you think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner