Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

mumpy

A-List Customer
Awesome! I absolutely love mine. I genuinely only need this one jacket - everything else* is going on eBay.

*not everything else, obviously. I'm keeping some of the others.
First day today just caught in a downpour no issues at all. Pretty awesome!

Second suede in as many days. Thankfully the measurements were all f’d up (in my favor). Tight but right. Collar is weak but it’ll hold
Me over until I find my old Schott.
IMG_7203.jpeg
IMG_7213.jpeg

ai00344

One of the Regulars
Just received an RMC Nelson from Japan (holy effing customs).

New shinki v aged shinki:

7ulEqTN.jpg

Contrasted w/ blackened brown premier Highwayman:

M6yMKNl.jpg
I’m jealous! Love the Nelson but can’t justify the cost. Post some fit picks when you’re able.

TartuWolf

Practically Family
Just made my first order from Japan. Very excited and worried.
Using "fromjapan" proxy.
Vanson Model B in slightly shorter length and a very nice replaced two way chunky Waldes brass zipper.
At 140eu it feels like a safe gamble.
Leather looks fantastic too.
Collar is a bit worn, but that doesn't bother me.
Looks like a jacket that has been worn a loved, and (hopefully) seen a lot of Japan on a bike, infused with spirit!
I like my current Model B so much (especially the fit!), only wish the hardware was brass instead of nickel, leather was more substantial and length was shorter.
Hopefully this purchase will improve on all those fronts.
It is here boys!
If my existing Model B was a solid 8/10 with a few flaws then this one is a 10/10.
Is this my initial hype and excitement talking after receiving the jacket on the same day? Yes, but who cares.
Z150 upgraded to proper CW (as far as I can tell). Thick, heavy, soft, fully broken in. Feels so much better than the z150 to me.
Nickel hardware upgraded to brass. Not just any brass, but a nr10 Waldes epic main zip.
Overly long 63cm back length nicely shortened to 60cm perfect length.
Cotton drill (+zip in fleece) switched to quilted lining (sleeves included!).
Incredible, I could not be happier.
I would not change a thing if I would order a MTM/custom one.
Fits like it was made for my body.
I can tell this has been worn a lot and loved.
The lining is quite trashed at the cuffs, but I'm not bothered by that, someday I can do a re-lining, but not anytime soon as the rest of it is in great shape.
I'll make more photos in better lighting at some point and add them to the main Vanson thread:
1704814655123.png

1704815081315.png

KBlake

One Too Many
Does not look Cal to me...interesting ....(and if you are potentially moving it possibly interested).
This one came in today and its either an Al or Cal. Same fur in cuffs, lining, pocket bags etc. The belt tabs are unusual but maybe someone requested them that way. It's a size 40 so if you're more of a 42 or 44 it's not going to fit you. I immediately took it to get sleeve zipper replaced. I have a straight zip cal being relined and zippers replaced at JL and don't need to keep this one too but I just might. It's hard to part with a good straight zip cal.

zebedee

One Too Many
I want to get a size 44 Aero Café Racer in a lightish-coloured battered tan. I cut enough weight to zip up my old size 42, but a 44 is more comfortable. I'll go for nickel Universal zips and a black cotton drill if I decide on it. I've got two size 42 CRs that are a squeeze, and I've become somewhat conscious of cost. I was so impressed with some recent black rough out William Lennon Chukkas that I might get another pair in their buckwheat rough out - this would dramatically increase the chances of a battered tan CR :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran