Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Old Are The Members of The Fedora Lounge?

what's your age group

• under 25

Votes: 50 16.0%
  • 25-35

Votes: 71 22.7%
  • 36-45

Votes: 48 15.3%
  • 45-and over

Votes: 144 46.0%

• Total voters

Ruby Slippers

One of the Regulars
JazzBaby said:
I'll be 23 this September. And still in Universtity!:(

I'll be twenty six the month after next, STILL in uni also :(
I probably won't graduate until I'm twenty eight, either. I was too busy being frivolous and being in rock bands when I was younger. Now I lament about not having gone to school sooner.

vonwotan

Practically Family
We are currently planning for my fortieth birthday in July. Despite the numbers I don’t feel much different than I did in boarding school or college – other than the added pressure of supporting myself, my dogs, and my clothing habit…

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I'm 31. Been into old movies and old things since I was a small child but my obsession never began until the summer of 1998 when I was 22 about to turn 23.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Old Geezer

Well, it looks like I've got almost all of you beat. I just hit the big 6 - 0 on Christmas eve. That means I'm a charter member Baby Boomer. I think it's great to see such a diversity of ages in this worldwide gang. There's something particularly tantalizing about this era to me. The remnants of the pre 1920 era include few photos, and those we have are stiff and posed. Plus there's virtually no sound recording before about 1910 - 1915. After about 1960, recording media started getting so clear and accurate, not to mention ubiquitous, that images from 20 or 30 years ago don't seem so far away. Maybe that's just my perspective because of my age. Anyhow, this "Between the Wars" era, with it's almost vivid but still murky pictures and sound seems so near and yet so far away. That era right before I was born has always fascinated me. I think it's cool that younger people want to emulate the style, but I hope they can also start understanding the reality of that era. Being able to relate the real lives of people from the past can be exciting and deeply rewarding.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
As a friend from high school just reminded me the other day, when she turned 48 a little over a month after I did, "Well, as Mame said to Vera, or Vera said to Mame, we're both somewhere between 40 and death..."

cookie

I'll Lock Up
The Age cohort of FLs

The sample is small (even as the FL gets ever bigger) but I will call it and say it is further evidence that the Gen Xers and Yers love the past even though they appear to be in a futurist timewarp speed.

Is it that old is new and cool again or is it symptomatic of the conservatism inate in a lot of the youth today? Are they are hankering for the old values epitomised by the classic clothing? Or is it just something that is so far removed from the 21c that its cool?

Stinchcomb

One of the Regulars
Lordy, Lordy, look whos fourty.

1966, the same stuff was happening then as it is now it seems. Just different places and different people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari